become an editor
the entire directory
only in Fish/Sharks
Great White Sharks
Recreation: Outdoors: Wildlife: Sharks
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Chordata: Fish: Cartilaginous
- Information about the species and the threats to their survival imposed by consumer demands. Discover news, information and links.
Pelagic Shark Research Foundation
- To help address the lack of data, and contribute to public awareness of the issues involved in shark conservation, the Pelagic Shark Research Foundation (PSRF) was formed as a nonprofit research and education group in 1990.
- International organization dedicated to the protection and preservation of endangered species. Find mission statement, information on lectures, tours and current research projects.
Shark Research Institute
- Shark research and conservation worldwide. Programs include ocean advocacy, education, satellite tracking and DNA studies.
The Shark Trust
- Organization dedicated to the conservation of species in general, including rays and skates. Find news, photos, information on joining and making donations.
Sharkkbait's Shark Conservation and Home Page
- Essay dispels common myths and misconceptions about attacks. Also discusses the role the predator plays in maintaining balance in ecosystems.
- Details on the status, conservation, and management of sharks, in particular grey nurse and great white sharks, in Australian waters.
The Thresher Shark Research and Conservation Project
- A five year scientific study on the behaviour of thresher sharks which frequent Malapascua Island. Details include volunteer internship expeditions, conservation objectives, current results and partnerships.
Watching Out for Sharks
- Article describes the research and conservation efforts of the California Pelagic Shark Tagging Program. Includes a discussion of population status in California waters. (December 19, 2003)
BBC News: Increase in Shark Sightings
- Article provides information on research from the Marine Conservation Society suggesting that basking shark populations may be beginning to recover in British waters. (August 29, 2003)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 21, 2013 at 11:45:08 UTC -