become an editor
the entire directory
only in Biodiversity/Conservation
Reptiles and Amphibians
Trade in Wildlife and Plants
Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species
Society: Organizations: Animal Welfare: Rescues and Shelters
This category in other languages:
- The world conservation union, whose mission is to influence, encourage and assist societies throughout the world to conserve the integrity and diversity of nature and to ensure that any use of natural resources is equitable and ecologically sustainable.
2000 IUCN Red List of Threatened Species
- Provides taxonomic, conservation status, and distribution information on taxa that are facing a high risk of global extinction.
- Portal dedicated to animal welfare, conservation and animal rights campaigning.
Biodiversity and Worldmap
- Measuring biodiversity value and selecting priority areas for conservation. Page includes graph and resource links.
- An interactive world map of the places where plants and animals are most threatened. Includes a searchable database of all land-dwelling vertebrates.
Biological Conservation Newsletter
- A monthly publication of the Department of Systematic Biology, National Museum of Natural History, Smithsonian Institution.
Bushmeat Crisis Task Force
- A consortium of conservation organizations and scientists dedicated to the conservation of wildlife populations threatened by commercial hunting of wildlife for sale as meat.
Carmarthenshire Biodiversity Partnership
- Describes the objectives and activities of this non-profit organization in Wales and includes information on the newsletter and events.
The Charles Darwin Foundation
- Founded in 1959, under the auspices of UNESCO and the International Union for Conservation of Nature and Natural Resources, the Charles Darwin Foundation is dedicated to the conservation of the Galapagos ecosystems.
Conservation Research Education Action (CREA)
- Works against tropical deforestation through creating sustainable environments and communities in Panama. It undertakes school expeditions and research, and operates the Cocobolo Nature Reserve.
Conservation Breeding Specialist Group
- An international conserveration organization whose mission is to assist conservation of threatened animal and plant species through scientific management of small populations in wild habitats, with linkage to captive populations where needed.
Conservation International (CI)
- Nonprofit applies innovations in science, economics, policy and community participation to protect the Earth's biodiversity around the world. Includes conservation regions and programs, strategies, newsletters, publications and how to get involved.
Conservation Law Foundation
- Uses law, economics and science to solve the environmental problems that threaten the people, natural resources and communities of New England.
Eldis Biodiversity Resource Guide
- Offers a structured overview of the subject, particularly in the context of international development and the environment.
Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation 1999
- Information on all aspects of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Act, 1999
ESRI Conservation Program
- Conservation information and links to organisations.
Institute for Conservation Research
- Dedicated to preserving and protecting rare and endangered wildlife, with much of the research conducted since its founding in 1975 has become critical in helping save many species from extinction.
International Trust for Nature Conservation
- A UK charity working mainly in Nepal and India. Gives information on species and habitat protection, monitoring, reforestation and environmental education.
Last Refuge Ltd.
- Supporting endangered environments and species through films and images, with photo and sound galleries and information about films made and the awards won.
Mangrove Action Project
- Promotes responsible management of mangroves and coastal environments. Lists the relevant issues, news items, their programs, and pictures.
National Biodiversity Network
- An information network of biodiversity data provided by a collaboration of organisations, such as the UK nature agencies, wildlife trusts, the Natural History Museum and others.
National Marine Sanctuaries
- Provides information on the NOAA system of 14 marine protected areas encompassing more than 150,000 square miles of America’s oceans. The program aims to conserve, protect and enhance their biodiversity and ecological integrity.
The National Park Service
- Charged with the trust of preserving the natural resources of America.
- Information about the plants and animals of North America, research being undertaken, restoration/protection projects and membership details.
Natural Resources Defense Council
- Information about the threats to endangered animals and their habitats.
The Nature Conservancy
- Conservation organization working around the world to protect ecologically important lands and waters. Includes details of campaigns and projects, and how members of the public can help.
- Source for conservation information on more than 50,000 plants, animals, and ecological communities of the United States and Canada.
- Network of marine research laboratories in South Africa, Namibia and Mozambique. Projects include the biology of marine mega-fauna including the white shark, bull shark, manta ray and turtles.
Office of Protected Resources
- Provides advice for national policy direction and conservation of marine mammals, endangered species and their habitats.
Offwell Woodland and Wildlife Trust
- Concerned with the conservation of species, habitats and biodiversity.
- A journal that provides a comprehensive review of the conservation and status of fauna, flora and habitats, and of conservation policy and sustainable use.
- Information about the threats to cacti, bromeliads and other plants and wildlife in Brazil.
Rainforest Conservation Fund
- A non-profit organization that is dedicated to preserving the world's tropical forests.
- Works globally in social marketing for biodiversity conservation, changing awareness, attitudes, and behaviors toward conservation at the local level to inspire people in the world's most threatened natural areas care for their natural resources.
The Rufford Small Grants Foundation
- The RSGF offers grant funding for a wide range of nature conservation projects worldwide. Includes information on the progress of funded projects and invites applications for new projects.
Sea Shepherd Conservation Society
- International non-profit, marine wildlife conservation organization. It uses direct-action tactics to investigate, document, and take action to expose and confront illegal activities. Includes details of campaigns and how members of the public can get involved.
- International, nonprofit organization dedicated to ocean conservation. Aims to raise awareness of critical issues such as depletion of marine life, pollution and ocean acidification through campaigns and other outreach.
Teaming With Wildlife
- A national campaign to prevent species from becoming endangered and to nurture a new generation of wildlife stewards by securing funding for state-level nongame wildlife conservation and related education and recreation programs.
Temper of the Times Foundation
- Provides funds to underwrite advertising designed to promote the conservation and restoration of native wildlife, plants, and ecosystems in the United States. Application guidelines and procedures are given.
Tropical Research and Conservation Centre
- Research and education in biodiversity conservation and sustainable use of marine environments of East Malaysia.
The Whitley Awards Foundation
- Offers a wide range of awards and grants for nature conservation projects worldwide. Applications are welcome from those working in nature conservation, botanical and habitat conservation and renewable energy.
- Provides maps identifying habitat types and areas that are identified as priority for conservation.
WildCRU Wildlife Conservation Research Unit
- Oxford University group develops practical solutions to conservation problems through research, implementation, education and local public involvement. Includes support and donation details.
- Promotes conservation through habitat projects, adventure activities, multimedia presentations and public education, all from a Christian viewpoint.
Wildlife Conservation Network
- Information about the network which focuses on funding and supporting independent and innovative conservationists who are creating and implementing new strategies for saving endangered wildlife and habitats and the projects in progress.
Wildlife Conservation Society
- USA organization managing national and international conservation projects, research and education programs.
Wildlife Protection Foundation
- Works to save endangered species all over the world. Includes details of objectives, projects, funding, the adopt an animal scheme and the newsletter.
Wiltshire Wildlife Trust
- UK based charity that promotes and manages natural preserves. Features mission statement, project descriptions, news, and contacts.
World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- Provides information services on conservation and sustainable use of the world's living resources, and helps others to develop information systems of their own.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 19, 2015 at 6:24:06 UTC -