become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agricultural/Seed_Savers
Heirloom Seed Sales
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Biotechnology: Genetics: Open Pollination
This category in other languages:
Australia: The Seed Savers Network
- Promoting and organising the preservation, free distribution and exchange of open-pollinated seeds.
Canada: British Columbia Organic Seeds
- An activity of a project of FarmFolk/CityFolk supporting BC's organic seed growers. Information about events, seed saving workshops and other activities in British Columbia including "Seedy Saturdays" for seed exchanges. Resources available for download. Database of available varieties.
Canada: Seeds of Diversity
- Canada's Heritage Seed Program - a non-profit group of gardeners who save seeds from rare and unusual garden plants for the purpose of preserving varieties in a living gene bank
- Declaration to protect rights to save seeds in Europe and against (2013) European Commission proposals to change EU seed laws that would affect the food sovereignty, biodiversity, food security, and the health of European citizens.
France: Kokopelli Seed Foundation
- Protects planetary biodiversity and production of organic seeds. Mission, history, and related links.
Ireland: Irish Seed Savers Association
- A voluntary organisation dedicated to the location and preservation of traditional varieties of grains, fruits and vegetables. Site has current seed lists and project information.
Mexico / USA: Native Seeds/SEARCH
- Site records work of NS/S to conserve, distribute and document the adapted and diverse varieties of agricultural seed, their wild relatives and the role these seeds play in cultures of the American Southwestern and northwest Mexico. Project reports, seeds for sharing and links included.
New Zealand: Koanga Institute
- Details about its practical and educational work to establish and maintain a collection of New Zealand Heirloom plants (along with records of their history and culture) to ensure their survival and availability for future generations both as a resource for cultivation and genetic diversity.
New Zealand: Nelson Seed Savers
- Established at the "Top of the South" Nelson and Golden Bay, New Zealand to support genetic diversity at a time when it is under threat. Links to resources.
UK: Garden Organic Heritage Seed Library
- Details of UK's premier organic vegetable seed bank that aims to conserve and make available vegetable varieties that have been dropped from popular seed catalogues as well as some landraces and a large number of family heirloom varieties that have never been in a catalogue. 800 accessions of open-pollinated varieties are maintained on site and by 'Seed Guardians' and about 40,000 seed packets are made available to members each year.
UK: Plants for a Future
- A resource centre for rare and unusual plants, particularly those which have edible, medicinal or other uses. Details of sites in SW England. Comprehensive search engine for UK and US databases.
USA: Native Seed Network
- Site covers much of the wild and domesticated flora of utility to humans, and their ecosystems,in the USA. Many links to sister sites of importance. Seed exchange facilitated through site.
USA: Seed Savers Exchange
- SSE is saving heirloom garden seeds from extinction that gardeners and farmers brought to North America when their families immigrated, as well as traditional varieties grown by Native Americans, Mennonites and Amish. Information, links and catalogues on website.
USA: Southern Exposure Seed Exchange
- Workshops, information and links about heirloom and other open-pollinated vegetables that grow well in the southeastern U.S.
USA: Southern Seed Legacy
- Website describes activities at University of Georgia that conserve the legacy of seeds and knowledge unique to the ethnic groups (inc. Vietnamese) and bioregions of the southern United States. Seed swap information posted.
USA: The Victory Horticultural Portal
- an Oregon-based not-for-profit site dedicated to preserving rare seed varieties along with our collective horticultural heritage. Features include historical information and a forum for fostering community.
Worldwide: International Seed Saving Institute
- Free online seed saving instructions. ISSI is dedicated to seed-saving education and self-reliance for peoples world-wide. Also offers O.P. seeds.
Worldwide: Seed Exchanges - Swapping Seeds with Like Minded Gardeners
- About.com collection of sites on seed saving. Links to several key seed swap resources.
Worldwide: Seedsaving and Seedsavers' Resources
- Comprehensive directory of web resources on seed saving - includes a section on books on seedsaving
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 18, 2015 at 12:35:11 UTC -