become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agricultural/Domestic_Animal_Diversity
Domestic Animal Diversity
Business: Agriculture and Forestry: Livestock
Science: Agriculture: Animals
Karen Commitment to Livestock Keepers Rights
- Outcome of a conference of indigenous livestock breeding communities which concluded with the "Karen Commitment to Pastoralist/Indigenous Livestock Keepers' Rights" that calls for an international agreement to protect domestic animal diversity.
American Livestock Breeds Conservancy
- A North Carolina-based nonprofit membership organization founded in 1977, working to protect nearly 100 breeds of domestic livestock and waterfowl. Research and educational resources, publications, posters and events.
Ancient Cattle of Wales (ACW)
- Website of the ACW promotes conservation and use of the colourful breeds of traditional Welsh cattle, which trace their recorded history back to the 10th century. Limited information but links to organiser. Site also in Welsh.
Domestic Animal Diversity Information Service (DAD-IS)
- The key communication and information tool for implementing the FAO Global Strategy for the Management of Farm Animal Genetic Resources (AnGR).
International Livestock Research Institute: Animal Genetic Resources
- Documenting genetic diversity among indigenous livestock breeds of developing countries, fostering conservation of indigenous breeds and designing breeding programmes to improve productivity in low-input environments. Site under development
International Technical Conference on Animal Genetic Resources
- The First International Technical Conference on Animal Genetic Resources for Food and Agriculture , 1-7 September 2007, Interlaken, Switzerland, facilitated by FAO.
The Irish Draught Horse Conservancy
- Site directs users to the organisation which conserves, preserves, and protects the Irish Draught Horse breed through educating the public and facilitating dialogue between breeders of Irish Draught horses worldwide.
Irish Moiled Cattle Society
- Information about this rare traditional, dual purpose, hardy Irish breed of ancient lineage. Breed history and characteristics and current details of all registered Irish Moiled cattle and their breeders.
League for Pastoral Peoples
- Supports local communities that share the care and raising of indigenous domesticated animals for commercial purposes. Primary work is being done in India. Lists events, publications, photos and resource links.
New Zealand Rare Breeds Conservation Society
- It conserves, records and promotes rare and minority breeds of farm livestock in order to maintain genetic diversity. Website has information about breeds at risk; on-farm conservation projects and the development of a gene bank; and updated addresses to many other relevant organisations and websites in New Zealand and around the world.
Rare Breeds Canada
- Organization dedicated to the preservation of rare breeds of livestock and poultry. Located in Castleton, Ontario. Includes mission statement, photos, species priority list and information on the host farm program.
Rare Breeds in Yorkshire, UK
- Rare breeds of livestock. Links to sheep,cattle,pigs,goats and poultry rare breeds sites.
Rare Breeds International (RBI)
- The only international non-governmental organisation (NGO) that aims to prevent the loss of diversity in global farm animal genetic resources (AnGR) through encouraging and supporting relevant activities and research by NGOs and governments. Information on events and links to national organisations
Rare Breeds of Australia
- This organisation the amalgamation of the Australian Rare and Minority Breeds Association and Rare Breeds Victoria. Site has breed profiles, events calendar, newsletter and educational project details.
Rare Breeds Survival Trust (RBST)
- Founded in 1973 to conserve Britain's native livestock heritage - and since then, no breed of British farm animal has become extinct. Provides official summary of the annual RBST Watchlist with over 70 rare UK breeds, including cattle, goats, horses, pigs, poultry and sheep.
- One of the oldest British sheep breeds and a rare breed in some countries. Earliest reference in 12th century of Herefordshire monks trading wool from these sheep grazed on ryegrass. Site provides breed history, details, news and links to other relevant rare sheep breed sites. Some commercial content.
SVF Foundation, USA
- SVF Foundation aids in the Conservation and Preservation of Heritage Breeds, Rare Breeds and Endangered Livestock and is located in Newport Rhode Island, USA. Site contains details of animals conserved by SVF as well as links to key resources.
USA: Randall Cattle Registry
- Comprehensive information about conserving the rare Randall cattle breed. Current breed status, photo gallery, links to related sites.
Domestic Animal Diversity
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 6, 2015 at 7:26:42 UTC -