become an editor
the entire directory
only in Agricultural/Aquatic_Diversity
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity: Agricultural: Aquatic Diversity
Science: Agriculture: Fisheries
FAO pages on Aquatic Biodiversity
- Provides definitions of types of aquatic ecosystems commonly used by capture fisheries and aquaculture in which aquatic biodiversity needs to be maintained; also refers to policies such as Code of Conduct on Responsible Fisheries, FAO programmes and links to key papers and related sites.
Fish for All Summit
- Call by Civil Society for more research on sustainable productive ecosystems at watershed, inland waters and marine levels and there to be no GMOs nor IPRs in Aquaculture and Fisheries. Links to the Summit website and report.
- A relational database with information to cater to different professionals such as research scientists, fisheries managers, and zoologists. FishBase on the web contains practically all fish species known to science.
Fishing Out Aquatic Diversity
- Paper on aquatic diversity from "Seedling" the quarterly journal of Genetic Resources Action International (GRAIN). Covers issues on the industrialisation of fishing and aquaculture that are destroying aquatic ecosystems and fisherpeoples' rights.
ICSF - The International Collective in Support of Fishworkers
- This leading international think tank on artisanal fisheries, aquatic diversity and fishworkers, focuses on the majority, small-scale, artisanal sector. Links to relevant papers and all ICSF publications including SAMUDRA, their quarterly journal, and Yemaya, ICSF's newsletter on Gender and Fisheries.
- Non-profit organisation site with information about reducing agriculture's impacts on endangered salmon and steelhead habitat in the Pacific Northwest. Links to concerned organisations promoting GM-free products in Oregon.
South African Institute of Aquatic Biodiversity
- The scientific 'home' of the Coelacanth. Information on programmes and research initiatives. Packed with databases and 10,000 photos on southern African fish species. Institute formerly known as the JLB Smith Institute of Ichthyology.
World Fish Center
- An international scientific and technical center, previously known as ICLARM and part of the CGIAR. Site has excellent content on all fisheries and aquatic ecosystem issues plus links to major resources including 'Fishbase' - the global aquatic organisms digital resource.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, March 2, 2013 10:07:46 PM EST -