the entire directory
only in Environment/Biodiversity
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Biodiversity
Evaluation and Monitoring
Native Plant Societies
Trade in Wildlife and Plants
Research Groups and Centers
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: Environment: Biodiversity
Science: Biology: Bioinformatics
Science: Biology: Botany
Science: Biology: Ecology
Science: Biology: Ecology: Wildlife Ecology and Management
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna
Science: Biology: Genetics
Science: Biology: Taxonomy
Science: Biology: Zoology
Society: Issues: Environment
Society: Issues: Environment: Conservation and Endangered Species
Society: Issues: Environment: Sustainable Development
This category in other languages:
Animal Info - Information on Rare, Threatened and Endangered Mammals
- Biology, ecology, habitat, and status of rare, threatened and endangered species of mammals and information on their native countries: biodiversity, ecosystems, population, and land use.
Bibliography of Genetic Variation in Natural Populations
- Searchable database of citations on natural populations of animals, plants, and microbes.
- Web portal to nearly 200 reviewed biodiversity databases, also video links and biodiversity news.
Biodiversity Frequently Asked Questions
- Presents answers to common questions about biodiversity.
- Comprehensive information on 25 of the world's biologically richest and most threatened ecosystems.
Biodiversity II: Understanding and Protecting Our Biological Resources
- National Academy of Sciences report (1996) addresses new strategies and techniques for quantifying, understanding, and protecting biodiversity. Full text online.
- Overview of some theoretical basics of biodiversity.
- Personally maintained website with information and links about several aspects of biodiversity: biological, ecological, physical, chemical, social (e.g., population growth), economical and juridical. Some links in Dutch language or of particular relevance to Netherlands.
Biodiversity and Its Value: Biodiversity Series, Paper No. 1
- Outlines what biodiversity is, and the three levels at which it is usually defined: genetic, species and ecosystem.
Biodiversity and Protected Areas
- Introductory documents on understanding and conserving biodiversity.
- Biological diversity: theory, patterns, ecological zones, species distributions, conservation issues, and legislation, with an emphasis on Canada. Bilingual: English/French.
- International collaborative project with the goal of providing accurate scientific information and predictive models of the status of biodiversity and sustainability of the use of the Earth's biotic resources, and to build a world-wide capacity for the science of biodiversity.
Fauna and Flora International
- Supports international conservation activities. Documents on methodology, working with NGOs, governments, communities; news, publications, photo gallery.
Introduction to Biodiversity Theory
- Overview and definitions.
Kind Planet Biodiversity
- Introductory notes.
Mass Extinction Underway
- Links to articles on biodiversity and species extinction.
Nantucket Biodiversity Initiative
- Partnership between Nantucket conservation organizations, government agencies and individuals interested in documenting the biodiversity of the islands and adjacent waters.
- Project to provide indexing and links for all known species as the baseline dataset for studies of global biodiversity.
The Global Diversity Foundation
- The Global Diversity Foundation documents, monitors and promotes agricultural, biological and cultural diversity around the world, particularly through training and research.
What is Biodiversity?
- Different definitions used by resource managers and ecologists.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, August 9, 2010 1:06:02 PM EDT -