become an editor
the entire directory
only in Air_Quality/Radon
Mitigation and Testing
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Environmental
Health: Conditions and Diseases: Cancer: Lung
Health: Occupational Health and Safety
Science: Chemistry: Elements: Radon
Science: Environment: Air Quality: Indoor Air Quality
Science: Environment: Environmental Health: Health Physics and Radiological Health
Science: Environment: Water Resources: Drinking Water
This category in other languages:
- American Association of Radon Scientists and Technologists, a professional association for those engaged in the research, testing, measurement and remediation of radon.
Center for Environmental Research and Technology
- Provides certification and continuing education classes that meet National Radon Proficiency Program. Located in Colorado Springs, CO.
Eastern Regional Radon Training Center
- Provides training in the health risks posed by radon gas and the methods of radon measurement and mitigation in residential, institutional, and commercial environments.
- Pennsylvania company providing radon certification training, radon measurement and mitigation courses and radon instrument calibration courses. Also offers granite radiation testing services.
How Stuff Works: Radon
- Informative article about how radon forms and why it is so dangerous. Comparison of radon test devices. Useful links.
Indoor Air - Radon
- US EPA information resources and links about this gas, its health effects, and its control.
Integrated Environmental Management
- Informative primer on radon, its progeny, measurement and risks. Extensive information on radioactivity and radiation, exposure and risks.
- The Radiation Information Network (Idaho State U). Primordial, cosmogenic and man-made radiation sources. Radon accounts for 56% of the total effective dose to people in the US. Radioactivity in soil, building materials, and human bodies.
Radon Gas Kills
- Educational site about radon, an invisible and odorless gas that increases your risk of developing lung cancer.
Radon Guide: Introduction to Radon
- Comprehensive guide to radon in the home provided by a firm of consultants in Northern Ireland.
Radon Mitigation and Gas Reduction
- Blog about radon gas with information about how to conduct testing and mitigation.
- A chart listing all of the decay products of radon gas in their order of appearance. Atomic mass, atomic numbers and the energy in MeV of the released alpha radiation.
Radon Project of Columbia University and Lawrence Berkeley National Lab.
- Uses information about location of home, and house construction, to suggest whether or not to test for radon.
Residential Radon and Lung Cancer Study
- The latest and most substantial study ever on the link between radon and lung cancer (May, 2000) proves that residential radon causes cancer even at the low levels in homes. At the EPA's 4 pCi/L action limit, the lung cancer risk to women increases by 50%.
Risk Assessment of Radon in Drinking Water
- The National Academy of Sciences report (1999) compares the risks of radon in air and water. Full report can be read online, or purchased.
Uranium - The Deadliest Metal
- A detailed paper on uranium, its radioactive products, mining, and radiation risks to people issued by the Canadian Coalition for Nuclear Responsibility (1992). The health risks even at the low radon levels in homes.
USGS Radon Information
- U.S. Geological Survey site on radon in earth, air and water. Site resources include educational information on radon, and multiple maps on the geologic and geographic occurrence of radon in the United States.
- Press release from the United States Environmental Protection Agency introducing National Radon Action Month. (December 09, 2008)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 11, 2014 at 18:54:06 UTC -