become an editor
the entire directory
only in Air_Quality/Indoor_Air_Quality
Indoor Air Quality
Products and Services
Health: Conditions and Diseases: S: Sick Building Syndrome
Health: Medicine: Medical Specialties: Pulmonary Medicine
Health: Occupational Health and Safety: Hazardous Substances: Asbestos
Science: Environment: Environmental Health
ACDoctor - Indoor Air Quality
- About identifying, preventing and correcting IAQ problems in residential settings. Commercial site.
Air Quality Problems Caused by Floods
- Factsheet from the National Safety Council. Includes the health effects of flooding, drying out the home and air quality issues with asbestos, biological contaminants, carbon monoxide and lead. [PDF]
American Council for Accredited Certification
- Offers certification for indoor air quality consultants and contractors.
Atlantic Air Cleaning Specialists Ltd
- Supplies air pollution control systems throughout Canada.
Building Air Quality
- Information on a wide range of IAQ topics, including sick building syndrome, mold, fungi, air duct cleaning, ozone generators, and investigation of indoor air. Commercial site.
Consumer Information: Reducing Indoor Air Pollution
- Brochure covers sources of indoor air pollution and what you can do about each source.
EPA's Indoor Air Quality
- Information for homeowner, schools, commercial buildings and environmental professional on indoor air quality. Extensive links to sites.
Greenguard Environmental Institute
- A scientific, third party board to establish environmental standards for indoor products and building materials. Aims to improve public health and quality of life by encouraging and helping manufacturers to build better, safer products and to uphold environmental practices in product development, manufacturing, and distribution.
- International journal from Blackwell Publishing covering research on the nonindustrial indoor environment. General information, contents lists and abstracts.
The Indoor Air Quality Association
- Nonprofit organization conducting education and research. Offers professional training, testing, and credentials in air quality and mold remediation fields. Includes organization information and links to related sites.
- National Association of Homebuilders provides advice on testing, prevention, and control.
Residential Air-Cleaning Devices - A Summary of Available Information
- EPA's booklet on indoor air cleaning devices for the home.
Sick Building Syndrome and You
- Personal site discusses symptoms, hazards, remedies, and the site owner's experiences, with links to other resources.
Smoking and Ventilation Standards
- Do ventilation systems remove secondhand smoke from indoor air, or just the odor? Information from Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights.
WHO: Indoor Air Pollution
- Background on the public-health impacts of indoor air pollution (particularly smoke from cooking and heating with solid fuels on open fires or traditional stoves) and World Health Organization efforts aimed at control.
The Turmoil Over Mold in Buildings
- New York Times article provides a discussion of health and legal (US) concerns related to mold and mildew and gives advice to homeowners and building managers. [Requires free registration.] (March 23, 2003)
Indoor Air Quality
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 10, 2014 at 23:04:29 UTC -