become an editor
the entire directory
only in Air_Quality/Acid_Deposition
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Atmospheric Chemistry
The Acid Rain Report
- Student-created site discusses the causes, effects, geographic distribution, and possible solutions for acid rain.
Acid Rain: Causes, Effects and Solutions
- Information about acid rain, its causes, the gases involved and their chemical reactions, and the damage it does to natural ecosystems.
Environment Canada - Acid Rain FAQ
- Definition and causes of acid rain along with description of impacted environments and health concerns.
Margot's Acid Rain SEA Project
- Student's fun and informative site about acid rain, in North Carolina and in general.
National Atmospheric Deposition Program (NADP)
- US federal-state-NGO cooperative effort operating a national precipitation monitoring network to observe geographic and temporal trends in acidity, mercury, and other attributes. Includes data, maps, and meeting announcements.
PPRP Atmospheric Deposition Measurement and Analysis
- Information about and from regional acid deposition monitoring programs in the Chesapeake Bay watershed (USA).
U.S. Geological Survey Data and Reports on Acid Rain, Atmospheric Deposition and Precipitation Chemistry
- Information resources on acidic deposition in the United States.
UK Acid Waters Monitoring Network
- Monitors the ecological impact of acid deposition in areas of the United Kingdom believed to be sensitive to acidification.
US EPA - Acid Rain
- Information about causes and effects, how acid rain is measured, and what is being done to solve the problem. Includes activities for students.
US EPA Acid Rain Program
- About EPA efforts reduce electric utilities' emissions of sulfur dioxide and nitrogen oxides, the pollutants responsible for acid deposition. The program includes a system of tradable SO2 emissions allowances.
What is Acid Rain and What Causes It?
- A discussion of the causes and effects of acid rain, and possible policy solutions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 7, 2013 at 22:26:48 UTC -