become an editor
the entire directory
only in Environment/Agriculture
Open Directory - Science: Environment: Agriculture
Biological Pest Control
Livestock Methane Emissions
Business: Agriculture and Forestry
Business: Chemicals: Agrochemicals
Society: Issues: Business: Agriculture
This category in other languages:
ADAS: News and Views
- Provides regularly updated news and articles on the impacts farming activities have on the environment.
Center for Agriculture in the Environment
- US nonprofit research center that conducts public policy research to reduce the loss of productive farmland and to promote farming practices that lead to a healthy environment. Information about projects, grant opportunities, and beneficial farm practices.
Conservation Effects Assessment Project
- Provides a number of downloadable files providing an overview of various environmental outcomes resulting from landowner participation in USDA conservation programs.
An Effect of Aeroionized and Ozonized Media upon Food Substances and Agricultural Raw Materials
- Abstract of research on effects of aeroionized and ozonized media and of other external factors upon metabolic processes of aerobic organisms (both procaryote and eukaryote).
ENDURE: Diversifying Crop Protection
- The European Network for the Durable Exploitation of Crop Protection Strategies aims to develop science-based sustainable, innovative pest control strategies to reduce pesticide use in agriculture.
European Environment Agency - Agriculture Themes
- Collection of indicators, reports, links, data sets and targets on topics related to European agriculture and the environment.
Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy
- Mission is to create environmentally and economically sustainable rural communities and regions through sound agriculture and trade policy. Supporting sustainable agriculture, reduced pesticide use, and related practices.
Land Allocation Decision Support System
- LADSS is an agricultural research tool being developed to assist in the investigation of policy and environmental change impacts such as CAP reform and climate change.
The Land Institute
- Research in natural systems agriculture featuring perennial grain polycultures using nature as its measure.
- Provides information on the growing environmental impact of nitrogen fertilisers used to allow food production to rise with the global increase in population.
Nutrient and Water Policy Update
- About U.S. federal and Pennsylvania state policies and programs to reduce environmental impacts of animal agriculture operations, plus information and links on agricultural water use and quality, impacts of concentrated animal feeding, and related topics.
- Provides information on the research on dryland degradation and desertification being undertaken by the Consultative Group on International Agricultural Research (CGIAR) in support of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD).
Peterman's Eye: Farming
- Blog of ideas, facts and opinions which aims to educate and entertain as well as discuss, in a stimulating and thought-provoking way, the topics of the day regarding agriculture and farming.
Research into New Quarantine Treatments for Horticultural and Timber Products as Alternatives to Methyl Bromide Fumigation
- Information on a multi-organization research project to find an alternative to the use of methyl bromide fumigation in agriculture, horticulture and forestry.
Smoke Management Program
- revisions to the regulation governing agricultural burning in California.
UK Ministry of Agriculture Fisheries and Food Central Science Laboratory
- Carries out research on environmentally sound food production.
UMD Agricultural Nutrient Management
- Farmers and scientists can learn about nutrient contamination of the Chesapeake Bay and ways to prevent it by using best management practices.
University of California Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Information on sustainable production, alternatives to methyl bromide, and related topics.
Water Quality - University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- Research information and advice to agricultural producers on best management practices to maintain water quality, including efficient nutrient and weed management practices and watershed management techniques.
Water Quality Information Center
- WQIC provides information on water quality and agriculture. It collects, organizes and communicates scientific findings, educational methodologies and public policy issues. It is part of USDA's National Agricultural Library.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 3, 2013 5:15:08 AM EDT -