become an editor
the entire directory
only in Educational_Resources/Organizations
Reference: Education: Organizations
Science: Organizations: Associations
The Association for Science Education
- Teachers helping teachers teach science. UK's largest science association dedicated to the teaching of science. Over 25,000 members worldwide.
Association for the Education of Teachers in Science (AETS)
- Promoting leadership and support for those involved in, the professional development of teachers of science. Includes list of conferences, publications and position statements.
Center for Improved Engineering and Science Education
- Education resources and science projects for K-12 grade levels.
Center for Science Teaching and Learning
- CSTL is dedicated to science education and literacy. Provides educators with professional staff development, degrees in science education, summer camps, competition hosting and development, distance learning, extended learning, curriculum resources, exhibits, and consulting.
Discover Science & Engineering
- DSE is an Irish Government initiative that aims to increase interest in science, technology, innovation and engineering among students, teachers and members of the public in Ireland.
Georgia Youth Science and Technology Centers
- Private and not-for-profit educational organization designed to increase interest and enthusiasm in science, and the technologies, particularly among elementary and middle school teachers and students. Affiliated with Southern Polytechnic State University outside Atlanta and offers NASA learning materials. Includes list of staff and brief background.
Glenn T. Seaborg Center
- Facility at Northern Michigan University offers outreach science programs for students from preschool to college, developing new science curriculum and conducting research on teaching methods. Page includes mission statement and list of staff.
Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education
- Extensive offerings for research and development in science and mathematics education in India.
National Association for Research in Science Teaching (NARST)
- A worldwide organization of professionals committed to the improvement of science teaching and learning through research.
National Center for Improving Student Learning and Achievement in Mathematics
- Charged by the U.S. Department of Education in 1996 to build a research base to study ways that instruction can be improved within the math and science areas. Includes list of reports, publications and online articles for teachers. Located at the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
National Computational Science Institute
- Trains faculty of primarily undergraduate and minority serving institutions in the use of computational science, particularly as it applies to inquiry based learning in introductory undergraduate classes.
National Earth Science Teachers Association
- An overview of the topics covered in earth science, constitution, bylaws, slide sets, journal, events, and discussion board.
National Institute for Science Education (NISE)
- Focus is on improving the level of science, mathematics, engineering, and technology education in low income and minority schools. Includes list of staff, mission goals and publications. Located in University of Wisconsin-Madison.
National Middle Level Science Teachers Association
- Supports and promotes exemplary and innovative middle level science teaching and learning for all and is an advocate for middle level science teachers and students.
National Science Foundation (USA)
- Education and human resources directorate.
National Science Teachers Association
- Site has extensive collection of information about the teaching of science.
National Youth Science Camp
- An intense month-long camp for young scientists the summer after they graduate from high school.
NIH Office of Science Education
- Includes curriculum supplements, news, programs, conferences, and exhibits
Northeast Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation
- NE-LSAMP is a consortium of five universities (UMASS Amherst, NEU, UCONN, URI, and WPI) supporting students from under-represented populations in the fields of science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
School Science and Mathematics Association
- Professional K-12 organization and publisher of journals. Offers membership and conference information, grants, and journal articles.
Society for Science
- Purpose of group is promote science education through publications, programs, science fairs, and scholarship competitions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2014 at 6:35:04 UTC -