become an editor
the entire directory
only in Educational_Resources/Mentoring_Programs
Open Directory - Science: Educational Resources: Mentoring Programs
Reference: Education: K through 12: Educators: New and Prospective Teachers
Society: People: Women: Business: Organizations
This category in other languages:
Adviser, Teacher, Role Model, Friend
- This guide is intended for faculty members, teachers, administrators, and others who advise and mentor students of science and engineering. It attempts to summarize features that are common to successful mentoring relationships. Its goal is to encourage mentoring habits that are in the best interests of both parties to the relationship.
Base Camp Earth
- Sponsored by the National Science Foundation, the site offers information on virtual expeditions conducted.
Center for Gender Studies Student Internships
- Center Internships emphasize undergraduate and graduate student training through participation in researching and exploring the ways societies shape and define expectations for women and men.
Eyes to the Future
- A web-based mentoring program connecting middle-school girls with high-school girls and adult women who are active in math and science.
Geological Society of America Geology: Mentor Programs
- Outreach programs designed to facilitate mentoring relationships between professional geologists (applied geology, hydrogeology, and public policy) and university students.
- HighTech Women is an on-line and off-line meeting and mentoring place for women in technology and technology related sectors
International Mentoring Network Organization (IMNO)
- An open mentoring network where mentors help mentees with articles and discussions to achieve their full potential professionally.
- A nonprofit organization, recruits, screens, trains and supports volunteers who provide one-on-one and small group instructional support and other services to New York City public school students.
- Webgrrls is a networking and mentoring forum for women in or interested in new media or technology. Their membership organization has chapters in the US and other countries.
The Young Scientist Program
- Washington University School of Medicine outreach program for students.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, December 8, 2013 12:56:51 AM EST -