become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quaternary_Studies/Glaciology
Research Groups and Centers
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Glaciers and Ice Ages
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology: Glacial Geomorphology
The Crevasse Zone
- Glaciological data collected on the Juneau Icefield, Alaska. Focuses on GPS-derived surface velocity, surface elevations, and strain rates.
International Glaciological Society
- Provides a focus for individuals interested in the practical and scientific aspects of snow and ice. Includes information on membership, the journal, meetings and symposia.
Peter Knight's Glaciers
- Information, photos, and links on glaciers, glacial environments and glacial geomorphology. Also additional resources for users of the book "Glaciers".
Satellite Images: Glaciers
- US Geological Survey Satellite Image Atlas of Glaciers of the World.
Scott Polar Research Institute - University of Cambridge
- World Data Center - Directory of European Glaciology
USGS Benchmark Glaciers
- Long-term program to monitor climate, stream runoff, and the motion, mass balance, and geometry of glaciers at a few sites in Alaska and Washington State. Data are used to understand glacier-related hydrologic processes and improve prediction of water resources, glacier-related hazards, and the consequences of climate change.
World Data Centre for Glaciology, Cambridge
- Includes a directory of European glaciology and an ice and snow database.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 25, 2016 at 0:05:05 UTC -