become an editor
the entire directory
only in Quaternary_Studies/Glaciology
Research Groups and Centers
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Glaciers and Ice Ages
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology: Glacial Geomorphology
The Crevasse Zone
- Glaciological data collected on the Juneau Icefield, Alaska. Focuses on GPS-derived surface velocity, surface elevations, and strain rates.
INQUA Commission on Glaciation
- The goal of the Commission on Glaciation is to explore and develop scientific cooperation for the study of past glaciation and present glacier processes.
International Glaciological Society
- Provides a focus for individuals interested in the practical and scientific aspects of snow and ice. Includes information on membership, the journal, meetings and symposia.
Park Geology Tour - Glaciers
- Links to U.S. National Parks featuring alpine glaciers, glacial landforms, and Ice Age flood landforms.
Peter Knight's Glaciers
- Information, photos, and links on glaciers, glacial environments and glacial geomorphology. Also additional resources for users of the book "Glaciers".
Satellite Images: Glaciers
- US Geological Survey Satellite Image Atlas of Glaciers of the World.
Scott Polar Research Institute - University of Cambridge
- World Data Center - Directory of European Glaciology
USGS Benchmark Glaciers
- Long-term program to monitor climate, stream runoff, and the motion, mass balance, and geometry of glaciers at a few sites in Alaska and Washington State. Data are used to understand glacier-related hydrologic processes and improve prediction of water resources, glacier-related hazards, and the consequences of climate change.
World Data Centre for Glaciology, Cambridge
- Includes a directory of European glaciology and an ice and snow database.
World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
- Source of information on glaciers and their fluctuations worldwide. World Glacier Inventory contains data on the spatial distribution of glaciers. Fluctuations of Glaciers and Mass Balance Bulletin document changes over time (changes in mass, volume, area and length of glaciers).
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 27, 2009 at 14:31:56 UTC -