become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earth_Sciences/Quaternary_Studies
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Quaternary Studies
Quaternary Climate Change
Products and Services
Regional: Polar Regions: Science and Environment
Science: Biology: Evolution: Human
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geomorphology
Science: Environment: Climate Change
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology
This category in other languages:
Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar and Marine Research
- Information about the central institute of German polar research, its history, its facilities and research ships, and research topics related to geology and biology of the polar regions and world oceans.
- Paleonenvironmental atlas of Beringia, an area covering easternmost Siberia and western Alaska.
- Collaborators from several departments engaged in study of paleogeography, Quaternary history and stratigraphy, geoarcheology, palynology, paleontology, and related topics. Describes research, personnel, facilities, and activities.
Climate Change Institute, University of Maine
- Studies of climatology and paleoclimatology, glaciers, Quaternary geology, paleooceanography, paleoanthropology, and related areas.
International Union for Quaternary Research
- Founded in 1928 by a group of scientists seeking to improve understanding of environmental change during the glacial ages through interdisciplinary research. Includes information on projects, meetings and publications.
Lund University: Quaternary Studies
- Provides information about research groups, doctorol theses and the Swedish Quaternary Association.
Midwestern US 16,000 Years Ago: An Exhibit at the Illinois Museum
- Deglaciation and late Pleistocene animals and plants.
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program - Data Center
- Archive for paleoclimate data, research, and education. Climate reconstructions and contributed data sets including: borehole data, climate forcing, corals, fauna, ice cores, insects, paleoclimate modeling, paleolimnology, paleoceanography, plant macrofossils, pollen, and tree ring.
NOVA Online - Warnings from the Ice
- Educational website to accompany TV program offers information about Antarctica and about how ice cores provide a record of the past. Discusses how the world's coastlines would recede if some or all of the Antarctic ice were to melt.
- Information from Wikipedia on the Quaternary Period, the geologic time period after the Neogene Period continuing from about 2.6 million years ago to the present.
Quaternary Paleoenvironmental and Paleoclimate Studies at Colby College
- Information about student research, with numerous links.
Quaternary Sciences Program at Northern Arizona University
- Information about education, research and data dissemination activities regarding the Quaternary period of the arid western North America. Offers a Master's degree.
Quaternary and Paleoclimate Research
- In the Department of Geoscience, University of Wisconsin-Madison. Studies of basic and applied problems in glacial geology, paleoclimatology, glaciology and paleocoeanography.
The Stage Three Project
- Interdisciplinary international collaborative effort to assess the current state of knowledge of the relatively mild part of the last glacial when Neanderthals became extinct. Information about objectives, newsletters, publications, directory of project members, and related information.
Cracking the Ice Age
- Web site related to the NOVA television program about the big sweep and panorama of the Ice Age. Links to other resources. (November 01, 1997)
The Ascent of Mind, by William H. Calvin
- Book on the ice ages and how human intelligence evolved. (January 01, 1990)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, November 26, 2009 8:11:14 PM EST -