become an editor
the entire directory
only in Vertebrates/Marine_Reptiles
Science: Biology: Zoology: Chordates: Herpetology
A Bibliography of Early Papers on North American Plesiosaurs
- Collection of links to a chronological sequence of papers published between 1851 and 1868, on the discovery, naming, reconstruction and subsequent controversy regarding American plesiosaurs.
A Day in the Life of a Mosasaur
- Paleo-fiction by Mike Everhart, with illustrations.
Discovered: The Missing Link that Solves a Mystery of Evolution
- Article from “The Guardian” describing how scientists have found fossils of a crocodile-like animal that was on the verge of the transition from water to land, a critical early phase in the evolution of all limbed animals.
The Ichthyosaur Page
- While dinosaurs ruled the land, the ichthyosaurs shared the seas of the world with the other great groups of large marine reptiles, the plesiosaurs and mosasaurs.
Ichthyosaur: An Aquatic Reptile from the Jurassic Period
- Factsheet on this marine reptile.
Introduction to the Ichthyosauria
- Provides information on the ichthyosaurs which shared the seas of the world with the other great groups of large marine reptiles, the plesiosaurs and mosasaurs, while the dinosaurs dominated the land.
- Photographs and description of this Sauropterygian reptile.
Lipleurodon: An Aquatic Reptile from the Jurassic
- Factsheet on this marine reptile.
M.J. Everhart's Marine Reptile References.
- An alphabetical listing by author of published papers about ichthyosaurs, marine turtles, mosasaurs and plesiosaurs.
- Links to other marine reptile sites by Richard Cowen.
Marine Reptiles of South Dakota
- Overview of Mesozoic marine reptiles, illustrations, descriptions of specific types, and a glossary.
Marine Reptiles: Palaeontological Museum, University of Oslo, Norway
- A collection of photographs of marine reptile specimens on display at various European museums. Text in Norwegian and English.
Naturhistorisk Museum: Living Reptiles and their Fossil Relatives
- Fossils gallery at the Geological Museum, University of Oslo, Norway.
New Zealand's Ancient Marine Reptiles
- Information about prehistoric marine reptiles of New Zealand, where, whom, when and what was found. Paleogeographic information, where in New Zealand to see fossil material displayed, suggested reading material and links to other related websites.
Oceans of Kansas Paleontology
- Late Cretaceous marine fossils from the Western Interior Seaway. More than 50 pages of information on mosasaurs, plesiosaurs and other fossils found in Kansas and the Midwest.
- Information from Wikipedia on the Placodonts, a group of marine reptiles with heavy armour plating that lived during the Triassic period.
- Introduction to the group including taxonomy, reconstructions, and original artwork.
The Plesiosaur Site
- This site is intended to give serious and detailed information on the Order Plesiosauria, to provide a forum for discussion and for the presentation of ideas no matter how wild and fanciful on the palaeontology, taxonomy, biomechanics, biology and ecological role of members of the order.
- Photographs of some fine specimens of this armoured placodont and its description.
Reptiles of the Ancient Seas
- From the Museum of UnNatural History
Texas Memorial Museum: Onion Creek Mosasaur
- Information on this 30 foot long reptile, Mosasaurus maximus, from the Late Cretaceous.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 29, 2015 at 1:43:16 UTC -