become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paleontology/Trace_Fossils
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Trace Fossils
Introduction to Ichnology
- Anthony J. Martin's extensive and comprehensive website about plant and animal trace fossils. Includes information on all aspects of studying traces fossils, the Ichnology Newsletter, Trace Fossil Image Database, a trace fossil bibliography, and links to related websites.
Dinosaur Tracks and Ichnology
- Provides a number of resources on trace fossils which are any marks, or other evidence, left behind by an animal while it was still alive.
- The study of tracks, trails, footprints and other animal traces. Photographs of a number of modern, archaeological and paleontological traces.
Ichnology Research Group
- A multidisciplinary team of graduate and postgraduate researchers at the University of Alberta led by Professor S. George Pemberton working on trace fossil problems.
Ichnology: The Study of Tracks and Traces
- Ewan Wolff of the Montana State University Geoscience Education Web Development Team, provides links to a number of resources on traces, tracks and trackways.
The Paluxy Dinosaur/Human Footprint Controversy
- Discusses the history and origin of controversial fossil tracks at Glen Rose, Texas, and related matters, including the study of dinosaur tracks and trace fossils in general.
- Possible Precambrian trace fossils collected in the Van Horn region of Texas.
- Information on applied sedimentology and ichnology provided by Jean Gerard. Includes a rock gallery and details of the book "Ichnofabrics in clastic sediments".
Virtual Ichnology Library
- Provides an online library of the major contributions of early researchers in this field, mostly in pdf format and essentially facsimiles of the originals.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 26, 2008 at 4:39:45 UTC -