become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paleontology/Taphonomy
Science: Earth Sciences: Geochemistry
International Plant Taphonomy Meeting
- Informal workshops focusing on recent developments in the science of plant taphonomy. Meeting information and abstracts.
Journal of Taphonomy
- The aim of the Journal of Taphonomy is to facilitate the academic spread of information that is basic to the interpretation of past systems of biotic interaction. Provides submission and subscription information.
Plant Fossils and Their Preservation
- Includes a section of conditions required for plant fossil preservation, the various levels of preservation, and types of fossils.
- A brief introduction from Deciphering Earth History: A Laboratory Manual.
- Information from Wikipedia on the study of decaying organisms over long periods of time. This process involves the transition of organisms from the biosphere to the lithosphere as they become fossilized.
Taphonomy and Preservation
- Comprehensive tutorial on taphonomy and preservation from the State University of New York at Cortland.
Taphonomy of the Rhynie Chert
- University of Aberdeen presentation of the preservation of biota in Rhynie chert.
Taphonomy: Insight into Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, and Evolution
- Abstracts of taphonomy papers presented at the 2002 meeting of the Geological Society of America.
Taphonomy: Learning from the Dead
- Description and syllabus of this field course in vertebrate and invertebrate taphonomy.
Taphonomy: The Study of Preservation
- Provides an explanation of what preservation means in relation to paleontology and the deductions that can be made from examining fossils.
- Program of the 2002 International Conference on Taphonomy and Fossilization.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 26, 2012 at 9:05:05 UTC -