become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paleontology/Taphonomy
Science: Earth Sciences: Geochemistry
Journal of Taphonomy
- The aim of the Journal of Taphonomy is to facilitate the academic spread of information that is basic to the interpretation of past systems of biotic interaction. Provides submission and subscription information.
Plant Fossils and Their Preservation
- Includes a section of conditions required for plant fossil preservation, the various levels of preservation, and types of fossils.
- Information from Wikipedia on the study of decaying organisms over long periods of time. This process involves the transition of organisms from the biosphere to the lithosphere as they become fossilized.
- A brief introduction from Deciphering Earth History: A Laboratory Manual.
Taphonomy and Preservation
- Comprehensive tutorial on taphonomy and preservation from the State University of New York at Cortland.
Taphonomy of the Rhynie Chert
- University of Aberdeen presentation of the preservation of biota in Rhynie chert.
Taphonomy: Insight into Stratigraphy, Sedimentology, and Evolution
- Abstracts of taphonomy papers presented at the 2002 meeting of the Geological Society of America.
Taphonomy: The Study of Preservation
- Provides an explanation of what preservation means in relation to paleontology and the deductions that can be made from examining fossils.
- Program of the 2002 International Conference on Taphonomy and Fossilization.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 31, 2015 at 0:36:09 UTC -