become an editor
the entire directory
only in Europe/United_Kingdom
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Regional: Europe: United Kingdom
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Science and Environment
- Museum and visitor attraction on the Isle of White. Provides details of exhibits, events, news and educational activities.
- Information about all known dinosaurs on the Isle of Wight, with collecting information and museum reviews.
Discovering Fossils: Fossil Locations
- Provides a geological map of the United Kingdom and information on where to look for fossils and what is likely to be found at each location.
Fossils from the UK
- A photographic record of a personal collection of fossils from all corners of the United Kingdom.
Fossils of Abbey Wood
- Abbey Wood is in a south-east London park and is famous for its fossil shark's teeth and shells. [PDF]
Fossils of Barton-on-Sea
- An Eocene marine fauna from the south coast of England described by Gordon Stone.
Fossils of the Gault Clay
- Describes the fossils of the lower cretaceous Albian in Kent. Also identifies and illustrates the many fossil groups found.
Fossils of the Yorkshire Coast
- Description of fossils found on the Yorkshire coast of the UK.
Geology of the Wessex Coast of Southern England
- Ian West provides photographs and information on the World Heritage Jurassic Coast with links to the web pages of specific Wessex localities.
Grey Olltwit's Fossil Site
- Fossils of the United Kingdom, with descriptions and photographs.
Jurassic Coast Tours
- Guided field trips in Lyme Regis and other parts of southwest UK, with a professional geologist.
London Clay Fossils
- Dedicated to the history of collecting and the lower Eocene, Ypresian, fossil fauna of the Isle of Sheppey, Kent, UK.
Photo Gallery: Dudley Fossils
- Photos of a number of fossils found in this area and on display in the Dudley Museum.
- Information about fossils and fossil hunting in Scotland as well as links to the Hunterian Museum.
The Sedgwick Museum
- Online exhibits on plesiosaurs, icthyosaurs, fish, ammonites, belemnites, plants and echinoderms. From the University of Cambridge.
- Contains information about United Kingdom fossils and collecting localities.
UK Fossils: Fossils and Fossil Collecting
- Information about fossil collecting in the UK. Includes images, links, fossil finding locations by county and discussion boards.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2013 at 6:24:07 UTC -