become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paleobotany/Taxa
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Paleobotany: Taxa
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Plantae
The Enigmatic Plant, Parka decipiens
- Provides images and information about the fossilised remains of this plant from the Late Silurian and the Early Devonian. Parka is not completely understood and its systematic place is unclear. the systematic place of which is uncertain.
Ginkgo biloba: Fossils
- Provides information on this tree, several species of which date back to the Jurassic and Cretaceous, with images of fossil leaves and wood.
- The leaf of the seed fern tree Neuropteris
Pteridosperms: Carboniferous Seed Ferns
- Article by Professor Ralph E. Taggart on this fossil plant group from the Carboniferous that bore fern-like foliage but had an advanced, seed-type reproductive system.
- Taxonomy of the seed plants.
Wattieza is World's Oldest Tree
- Article from Cosmos on the discovery of a complete fossil of the world's oldest tree, a primitive 380-million-year-old plant resembling a modern palm or tree fern.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 11, 2012 6:05:06 AM EDT -