become an editor
the entire directory
only in Cephalopods/Ammonoids
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Mollusca: Cephalopoda
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: By Geological Interval: Mesozoic
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: By Geological Interval: Paleozoic
This category in other languages:
- Provides information on ammonites with lots of fine images from the Virtual Fossil Museum.
- Provides an overview of the rich ammonite fauna in the English Albian in Kent.
- Provides illustrations of a wide range of species found in the English Albian, with photographs, taxonomical and collection data for each.
Discovering Fossils: What is an Ammonite?
- Provides photographs and information on ammonites, how they evolved, how they lived and what the shell reveals of the creature that lived within. Also offers the opportunity to join other fossil hunters at events in the UK.
Fossil Cephalopods in Utah
- A pictorial guide to some of the fossil cephalopods that can be found in the State of Utah, mostly Ammonoids, but many other cephalopods are pictured. Pictures of some collecting localities are also included.
Fossil Groups: Ammonites
- Provides information on the Ammonoidea which are the only extinct subclass of the Cephalopoda, their anatomy, major orders, fossil record and web links.
Gallery of Fossil Images: Ammonite in Matrix
- Photograph of several fossils of Deshayesites deshayesi provided by Paleozoic.org, the free online fossil resource.
Gallery of Fossil Images: Pyritized Jurassic Ammonite
- Photograph of an ammonite fossil where the soft parts have been replaced by pyrites, provided by Paleozoic.org, the free online fossil resource.
- Systematic collection of fossil cephalopoda with ammonites of typical faunas. Also includes myths and legends about ammonites.
WMNH - Ammonites
- Provides photographs of a number of ammonites at the Black Hills Institute, with taxonomic data about each.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 27, 2014 at 9:24:04 UTC -