become an editor
the entire directory
only in Invertebrates/Graptolites
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Hemichordata
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: By Geological Interval: Paleozoic
100th Anniversary of Oliver Bulman's Birth
- Biography of an Authority on Graptolites.
Affinities of Inocaulis
- Nature of the genera assigned to the graptolite order Inocaulida.
Autothecal Morphs and Dormancy in an Ordovician Sessile Graptolite
- Description and SEM micrographs of normal and sealed thecal morphs in the camaroid graptolite Xenotheka klinostoma from the Ordovician of Öland, Sweden.
BSEM: a Tool for Graptolite Research
- Back-scattered electron microscopy technique applied to study graptolitic material - BSEM image of Psigraptus.
Cephalodiscus lutetianus (Graptolithoidea, Cephalodiscoidea)
- The only fossil species of the genus Cephalodiscus.
Chaunograptus and the Dendroidea
- Affinities of some alleged graptolite genera.
Classification of the Extant Hemichordata
- A comprehensive list of extant hemichordate species with images of a few.
Collagen in the Pterobranch Coenecium
- Results of the amino-acid analysis of the skeleton of Rhabdopleura and Cephalodiscus.
Cortical Bandages in Orthograptus gracilis.
- Images (SEM and LM) of the fundamental unit of cortex in graptolites.
- Information about the species; photo.
Denis Bates Homepage
- (with Dr Nancy Kirk). Research interests, morphology of retiolitids, ultrastructure, mode of life, evolution.
Dithecoid Graptolites (Dithecoidea)
- Remarks on affinities of some graptolite-like fossils.
The Enigmatic Encruster Chaunograptus
- Graptolite-like fossils from the Upper Ordovician of Ohio and Indiana. By J.M. St.John and M.A. Wilson.
Epibionts on Mastigograptus
- An enigmatic organic-walled fossil twisted around stipes of the sessile graptolite Mastigograptus (Middle Ordovician).
- A new model for graptoloid locomotion by M.J. Melchin and M.E. DeMont.
- Links to graptolite and pterobranch pages, abstracts, articles, graptolite researchers.
Graptolite Stolons Described as Remnants of Hydroids.
- Isolated stolons of Koremagraptus-like graptolites were misinterpreted as remains of the 'chitinous' hydroids (4 images).
- Graptolites collected from the Athens Shale formation (Ordovician age) near Montevalo, Alabama.
- Relationshipis among graptolite orders.
- Photograph of several specimens of Monograptus colonus, one being magnified, from Silurian deposits at Ludlow, UK.
Graptolites and Early Vascular Land Plants
- Early Palaeozoic tracheid-like tubes, believed to be of vascular land plant origin, resemble fragments of graptolite stolons.
- Definition and nature of the Graptovermida, graptolites incertae sedis.
Infrared Video Microscopy for the Study of Isolated Graptolites
- Description of a new technique for studying chemically isolated graptolites.
Mastigograptus: An incertae sedis Graptolite
- Diagnosis, distribution and images of the genus.
Melanostrophus: An Enigmatic Hemichordate
- A graptolite-like fossil from the Ordovician of Estonia and erratic boulders.
- First find of a Permian rhabdopleurid (Graptolithoidea).
- Photo of the graptolite species.
Piotr Mierzejewski: Count of Calmont
- A free graptolite researcher and a Rosicrucian Frater. Research interests, primarily in sessile graptolites and pterobranchs, and publications.
Pterobranchia: Classification of the Rhabdopleuroidea
- List of extinct and extant families, genera and species.
- Pyritization and deformation of graptolites by Ch.M. Witkowski.
- Radiographs of Rhaphidograptus toernquisti, Monograptus atavus and Pseudoclimacograptus undulatus with explanations of the salient features.
Rhabdopleura graysoni Chapman, Durman & Rickards
- The Carboniferous rhabdopleurid graptolite closely resembling the extant species Rhabdopleura compacta Hincks.
- Diagnosis, occurrence, images, and references of the species.
Rhabdopleura-like Fossil from the Silurian of Gotland.
- An excellently preserved zooidal tube of a Silurian hemichordate closely related to the extant genus Rhabdopleura.
SEM Micrographs of Rhabdopleura compacta.
- Three coenecia (two very young) from Stock Point, Plymouth.
- Stolonoid graptolites discussed as rhabdopleurids.
Tetragraptus fruticosus - Ordovician Graptolite
- Material from the Bendigonian Series, Bendigo, Victoria, Australia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 18, 2014 at 12:54:11 UTC -