become an editor
the entire directory
only in Invertebrates/Echinoderms
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Echinodermata
Science: Biology: Zoology: Echinodermata
- Image of fossilised spines of this echinoid from the Early Carboniferous, found in Cumbria, UK.
- Photograph of a fine specimen of this irregular echinoid from the Middle Jurassic.
Discovering Fossils: What is an Echinoid?
- Provides photographs and information on echinoids, or sea urchins, the arrival of regular species in the fossil record in the Cambrian and the appearance of irregular ones in the Jurassic.
- An article discussing living and extinct echinoderms, including a selection of photographs.
- Information about echinoderms in Australia including their biology, anatomy, behaviour, reproduction, predators, prey and ecology.
- Several photographs of fossilised tests of this echinoid, found at Portlandian, France.
- Images of this echinoid from the Middle Jurassic, found at Beaminster, UK.
- Photographs of this irregular echinoid from the Late Cretaceous, found in Croydon, UK.
Peer's Echinoid Pages
- Information about and images of echinoids from the Cretaceous Period (Maastrichtian) from the Netherlands.
This View of Life: Bilateral Echinoderm Confirms Ancestry
- Article describing newly discovered Ctenoimbricata spinosa, a new genus and species within the echinodermata phylum.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 12, 2014 at 22:38:00 UTC -