become an editor
the entire directory
only in Invertebrates/Corals
Science: Biology: Ecology: Ecosystems: Marine: Coral Reefs
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Radiata
Science: Biology: Flora and Fauna: Animalia: Radiata: Cnidaria
Ancient Coral Reefs
- Natural History Notebook (Canada) fossil coral section.
CarboniferousCorals (Phylum Cnidaria)
- Information on rugose and tabulate coral fossils found in Carboniferous limestone with photographs of Amplexus coralloides, Syringopora and Dibunophylum bipartitium.
- Photograph of a chunk of fossilised Isastraea sp. found on the beach in Scotland.
- Photographs of Zaphrentis sp. and Canania cylindrica which are commonly found on beaches among the pebbles.
- Photographs of Favosites gothlandicus, Halysites and Tryplasma sp. from Wenlock Edge, England.
- Much of the limestone of the Silurian era was laid down in large reef systems. This article discusses the structure of the reef and the diverse species that lived among the coral.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 28, 2013 at 17:24:04 UTC -