become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paleontology/Databases
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Paleontology: Databases
Science: Earth Sciences: Data Centers
The Paleobiology Database
- A global, collection-based occurrence and taxonomic database for marine and terrestrial animals and plants of any geological age, as well as web-based software for statistical analysis of the data.
Alaska Paleontological Database
- A searchable fossil database containing published and unpublished fossil records and locality information for the state of Alaska.
- Searchable database on fossils from Austria.
- A database of British Coleoptera (Arthropoda: Insecta), including information on habitat, distribution, and fossil occurrence, along with their bibliographic references. Database available for download in Microsoft Access format.
Brachiopod World Database
- Comprehensive and searchable database of taxa from around the world.
Fossil Record 2
- Family level searchable database of fossil organisms. Create your own diversity plots of different groups.
Fossils: An Illustrated Database on French Tertiary Fossils
- A scientific collection database of Paleogene (Tertiary) shells, mostly from the Paris basin, with taxonomy and bibliography of all included species.
Goniat: Paleozoic Ammonoid Database System
- Designed as a tool for investigations of the Paleozoic ammonoids, their paleogeographic distribution and their biostratigraphic range.
Neogene Marine Biota of Tropical America
- Online biotic database containing images and data for taxa used in analyses of Tropical American biodiversity over the past 25 million years.
- Databases intended to provide authoritative references for common and stratigraphically important invertebrate macrofossils.
- A relational database for fossils being built at the University of Kansas.
- Stratigraphy.Net aims to provide free and open access to geoscientific information and data with special emphasis on the disciplines of stratigraphy, paleontology and sedimentology.
The Paleobiology Database
- Provides a searchable database bringing together taxonomic and distributional information on the entire fossil record of plants and animals.
Trace Fossil Image Database
- Pictures of trace fossils provided by Anthony Martin at Emory.
- A relational database of lower vertebrates (fish, amphibians, and reptiles) from the Neogene of Eurasia.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, July 3, 2011 8:18:21 PM EDT -