become an editor
the entire directory
only in Paleontology/Amber
Dead Bugs in Amber
- Large list of amber resources.
Alfred Correya's Baltic Amber Collection
- Pictures of insect inclusions from a collection acquired by the Hunterian Museum.
- Offers general information about amber and amber mining. Includes a discussion about recognizing fake amber.
- Provides some notes on Baltic amber, a resin produced some 30 to 40 million years ago by the now extinct pine tree, Pinus succinifera.
Blue Amber Information
- Information portal for Dominican Blue Amber, where and how it is mined, why it is blue and its uses.
- Amber is the perfect fossil preservative. This article discusses its inclusions, chemistry, goegraphic dispersion and the distinction between amber and copal.
Fossil Amber with Inclusions of Insects and other Organisms
- Provides a gallery of photographs of unwary invertebrates.
Galleria di Fossilizzazioni in Ambra
- Photographs of invertebrates trapped in amber with the provenance of each.
Gintaro Galerija Muziejus
- Museum of Baltic amber featuring exhibits of jewelry and art. [English and Lithuanian]
Identifying True Amber (Succinite)
- Article by Garry Platt describing the tests that can be done to differentiate between true amber and fakes.
The Natural History of Amber
- Mark R. Meyer provides an amber gallery, amber FAQ, amber timeline and a cultural history timeline.
The Search for DNA in Amber
- Andrew Ross and Jeremy Austin discuss whether it possible to extract dinosaur DNA from insects in amber and re-create today these reptiles from the past.
Swedish Amber Museum
- Choice of English version.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2012 at 6:05:03 UTC -