the entire directory
only in Earth_Sciences/Paleontology
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
By Geological Interval
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Prehistoric Times: Fossils
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Geochronology
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Sedimentary Petrology
Science: Earth Sciences: Paleogeography and Paleoclimatology
Science: Social Sciences: Anthropology
Science: Social Sciences: Archaeology
Shopping: Recreation: Science and Nature: Earth Science: Fossils
This category in other languages:
Paleontology in the 21st Century
- Summary of a 1997 meeting which outlined the current state of paleontology, and the areas which the science will encompass in the future.
Camouflage and Mimicry in Fossils
- Article by Petr Kacha and Vaclav Petr discussing this subject in depth.
Chris Clowes's Paleontology Page
- Summary information on a variety of paleontological subjects, focusing on the major events in the history of life. Includes extensive links to other resources.
Darwin and Modern Science: The Palaeontological Record: Animals
- Article by W. B. Scott, Professor of Geology at the University of Princeton, discussing to what extent the animal fossil record supports the truth of Darwin's theory.
- A web portal offering information primarily of use to professional paleontologists, including links to news, articles, job openings and field class opportunities.
The Fossil Gallery
- Interactive tour through the collections of the Paleontological Museum at the University of Oslo, Norway. Includes areas for plants, mammals, man, dinosaurs, fish, invertebrates, and background information.
- Provides articles summarising research findings in archaeology, anthropology and paleontology, written for a general audience.
Ice Age Paleontology of Southeast Alaska
- Information on research being undertaken by Timothy H. Heaton of the University of South Dakota.
Mikko's Phylogeny Archive
- Provides a large number of cladograms (phylogenetic trees) and taxonomic listings.
- Provides information about the diversity of organisms on Earth and their phylogeny, and the geological timescale in which each group lived.
Paleontological Research Institution and Museum of the Earth
- Explore Earth through a unique mix of natural history displays, interactive science features, and art exhibitions. Located in Ithaca, New York.
The Paleontology Portal
- Shows photos of fossils of different types. Browse by location, time period or type.
- Information about fossils, book reviews, photographic images, and Paleolist, a free email-based discussion list.
- Site map for paleontology at the U.S. Geological Survey
World Fossil Forum
- Provides discussion areas for fossils, rocks and minerals.
Usenet geoinfonet.rockhound-gold -
Usenet sci.anthropology.paleo -
Usenet sci.bio.paleontology -
Usenet sci.geo.geology -
Usenet sci.geo.mineralogy -
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 9, 2014 at 20:50:06 UTC -