become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earth_Sciences/Paleogeography_and_Paleoclimatology
Paleogeography and Paleoclimatology
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Paleogeography and Paleoclimatology
Science: Biology: Ecology: Biogeography
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Climatology
Science: Earth Sciences: Atmospheric Sciences: Meteorology
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography
Science: Earth Sciences: Quaternary Studies
Science: Environment: Climate Change
This category in other languages:
The Paleogeographic Atlas Project
- Global paleogeography and paleoclimates, with emphasis on the Permian and Jurassic. Climate-sensitive sediment and fossil plant distributions are shown on detailed paleogeographic maps, enabling determinations of global paleoclimate patterns.
ALP-IMP Research Project
- Multi-centennial climate variability in the Alps. Compilation project of instrumental data and proxy information from tree-ring records, isotopic ice core records, and glacier variability records.
Atlantis and Paleogeography
- Known paleogeography is compared to the geography of Plato's Atlantis. Written for a general audience it sums up relevant facts including from recent research, and illustrates with video and multimedia.
Brief History of Climate: Causes and Mechanisms
- Chapter from an online textbook, Introduction to Climate Dynamics and Climate Modeling. [PDF]
Brief Introduction to the History of Climate
- First chapter of a book by Professor Richard A. Muller.
Evolution of the Colorado River and its Tributaries
- Article introducing a model for the evolution of the Colorado River and the origin of the Grand Canyon.
Geology Resources at Colorado University
- Paleogeography "movies" of the southwestern United States and the western hemisphere based upon maps made at Northern Arizona by Ron Blakely.
Lithologic, Paleogeographic, and Paleocurrent Maps of the World
- Offers images of time slices of different ages of the Earth.
Models and Observations to Test Climate Feedbacks
- The MOTIF project proposes a coordinated approach to use past states of the climate system as a demanding test of the capabilities and reliability of the latest generation of coupled ocean-atmosphere-vegetation general circulation models (OAVGCMs).
NOAA Paleoclimatology Program
- Provides the data and information scientists need to understand natural climate variability and future climate change. Includes a paleo perspective on abrupt climate change, global warming, drought and Colorado river flow. Operates the World Data Center for paleoclimatology.
Ocean Drilling Program - JANUS Database
- Database includes paleontological, lithostratigraphic, chemical, physical, sedimentological, and geophysical data for ocean sediments and hard rocks.
- International Geosphere-Biosphere Program (IGBP) on paleoclimatology.
Paleoclimate Modelling Intercomparison Project
- Coordinates and encourages the systematic study of atmospheric general circulation models (AGCMs) and to assess their ability to simulate large changes of climate such as those that occurred in the distant past.
Paleoclimate Modelling Intercomparison Project Phase II
- This project studying the role of climate feedbacks arising for the different climate subsystems (atmosphere, ocean, land surface, sea ice and land ice) and evaluating the capability of state of the art climate models to reproduce climate states that are radically different from those of today.
- Article by professor Judith Totman Parrish and Professor Paul Koch discussing the current state of knowledge and future direction of research.
- Virtual reality reconstructions illustrating the plate tectonic development of the ocean basins and continents, as well as the changing distribution of land and sea during the past 1100 million years.
Pangea Coring Workshop
- Announcement and description of an international workshop on a climatic, biotic, and tectonic transect, pole-to-pole, across the early Mesozoic supercontinent, June 1999. Updated regularly.
Plate Movements and Climate Change
- Student exercise from Karen L. Bice of Pennsylvania State University.
Quaternary Palynology Research by Pim de Klerk
- Presentation of research projects involving pollen analysis for the study of environmental and climatic changes from late Pleistocene to present, with main focus on northern Germany.
- Discussion of a hypothesis that Earth was covered by ice from pole to pole for long periods in the geological past.
Paleogeography and Paleoclimatology
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, August 3, 2013 6:54:03 PM EDT -