become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oceanography/Organizations
Science: Biology: Organizations
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
Science: Environment: Organizations: Marine
Afri Oceans Conservation Alliance
- AOCA seeks to align and partner with organisations, scientists and environmentalists that subscribe to policies that promote sustainable marine conservation and development.
American Society of Limnology and Oceanography (ASLO)
- The purposes of ASLO are to promote the interests of limnology, oceanography and related sciences, to foster the exchange of information across the range of aquatic science, and to further investigations dealing with these subjects. ASLO is best known for its journal, Limnology and Oceanography, its interdisciplinary meetings, and its special symposia.
ANalyse Educatie en Marien Oecologisch ONderzoek (ANEMOON)
- A society for people interested in marine biology near the coast of the Netherlands. The fact that ANEMOON is strictly for amateurs does not prevent a very professional approach. There are many people that help in the gathering and processing of data on the organisms that are found. ANEMOON already has an impressive database and a long list of publications to their credit.
Andean Explorers Foundation & Ocean Sailing Club (AEFOSC)
- Dedicated to the advancement of historical field and oceanic research through exploration in little-known areas around the world
The Association of Marine Laboratories of the Caribbean
- Founded in 1956 by marine researchers with interests in the marine science of the tropical Atlantic and the Caribbean. Founded primarily as a scientific organization, the strength of AMLC lies in the diversity of its member laboratories and the extensive expertise of its membership.
Australian Marine Sciences Association
- National non-profit organization dedicated to promoting marine science and coordinating discussion and debate of marine issues in Australia.
Australian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Independent society that supports and fosters interest in meteorology and oceanography through publications, meetings, courses, conferences, grants and prizes. It also represents the views of its members to various institutions and the public.
Canadian Meteorological and Oceanographic Society
- Works for the advancement of meteorology and oceanography in Canada.
Cetacean Society International
- CSI is an all-volunteer, non-profit conservation, education, and research organization based in the USA, with volunteer representatives in 26 countries around the world. Dedicated to the preservation and protection of cetaceans and the marine environment on a global basis.
Challenger Society for Marine Science
- United Kingdom society for people interested in the oceans. Organizes meetings and conferences and publishes the magazine Ocean Challenge and a monthly newsletter Challenger Wave.
Coastal Research and Education Society of Long Island
- Information about CRESLI's research, education, and outreach programs to promote stewardship and conservation of coastal ecosystems, and especially their marine mammals and sea turtles.
The Coastal Union (EUCC)
- An association with members and member organisations in 40 countries. Founded in 1989 with the aim of promoting coastal conservation by bridging the gap between scientists, environmentalists, site managers, planners and policy makers, it has grown since then into the largest network of coastal practitioners and experts in Europe, with 14 National Branches and offices in seven countries.
Coral Reef Alliance
- Promotes coral reef conservation around the world by working with marine recreation providers, park managers, and local communities to establish conservation alliances and raise public awareness.
EARSeL Special Interest Group Remote Sensing of the Coastal Zone
- Discussion group on remote sensing of coastal zones, including ground truth data sampling and modelling, focusing on substances and pollutants, processes and coastal zone management.
Florida Marine Science Educator's Association (FMSEA)
- For teachers, students and others interested in the marine environment. The DRIFT is the quarterly newsletter.
Hebridean Whale and Dolphin Trust
- A registered charity which has pioneered the study of the whales, dolphins and porpoises found in the waters of the Hebrides. Using study techniques that neither harm nor seriously disturb the animals, the research work undertaken provides those who manage Scotland's wildlife and habitats with the information they need to achieve effective conservation.
The Hydrographic Society
- Membership is open to all with an interest in surveying at sea. It aims to promote the science of surveying over water as well as the fostering of recognised standards of education and training for those engaged in hydrographic work.
The Hydrographic Society of America
- Serves as the focal point for activities in America. Membership is open to any individual or organization with an interest in surveying afloat.
Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
- A new, all embracing professional body established to meet the needs of professionals - engineers, scientists and technologists - operating in the marine environment.
International Association of Aquatic and Marine Science Libraries and Information Centers (IAMSLIC)
- An association of individuals and organizations interested in aquatic and marine information science. The association provides a forum for exchange and exploration of ideas and issues of mutual concern.
International Commission for the Scientific Exploration of the Mediterranean Sea (CIESM)
- The Commission is currently funded by 22 Member States which support the work of a large scientific network - some 500 institutes and over 2500 researchers - united by a commitment to promote marine science for the lasting protection of the Mediterranean Sea and for the well-being of its coastal populations.
International Maritime Organisation (IMO)
- United Nations Agency concerned with the safety of shipping and cleaner oceans.
- World Association of Seaweed Producers. Aims to promote the image and use of seeweed-derived hydrocolloids in food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics.
Marine and Oceanographic Technology Network
- MOTN is a regional association comprised of various members of the marine and oceanographic community located throughout the New England area.
Marine Conservation Society
- A leading environmental charity in the UK dedicated solely to protecting the marine environment. It has worked successfully for twenty years to highlight issues of concern and threats to both marine wildlife and to the wider marine and coastal environment, and brings them to the attention of the public, media, politicians and Government agencies alike.
Marine Technology Society
- A non-profit international professional organization established in 1963 to promote the exchange of information in ocean and marine engineering, science, and policy. MTS has over 2000 current members.
- Committed to the health and well being of marine mammals and their coastal habitats around the world.
MTS Remotely Operated Vehicle ROV Committee
- The Remotely Operated Vehicles Committee of the Marine Technology Society features ROVs, the industry, current events and information for students.
National Association of Marine Laboratories
- USA nonprofit organization representing marine and Great Lakes laboratories. It aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of ocean, coastal and Great Lakes research, education and outreach.
New Zealand Region of the Hydrographic Society
- Sub-branch of the Australasian Branch of the Hydrographic Society with members representing the fields of hydrography, oceanography, geophysics, civil engineering and associated disciplines at all levels of expertise.
Ocean Studies Board
- Part of the U.S. National Research Council, the OSB advises the federal government and the nation on issues of ocean science and policy.
- A nonprofit, membership organization founded in 1972 to protect marine mammals and the marine environment through conservation-based research and environmental education. The Society coordinates and funds research projects, the results of which make a compelling case for ecosystem conservation.
- Portal for the oceanographic community and for anyone interested in the oceans.
The Oceanography Society
- Founded in 1988 to disseminate knowledge of oceanography and its application through research and education and to promote communication among oceanographers.
- PACON International is an international, non-profit, professional marine science and technology society dedicated to the sharing of scientific and technical information among those interested in the future of the world's oceans with a Pacific focus. Facilitates the biennial Pacific Congress on Marine Science and Technology.
riverOcean Research & Education (RORE)
- A largely voluntary, UK non-profit environmental organisation, involved in water related education, research and events.
Save Our Seas Foundation
- Promotes awareness, protection, preservation and conservation of the global marine environment.
Seas At Risk (SAR)
- An independent non-governmental federation of national and international environmental organisations concerned with the protection and restoration of the marine environment.
Society for Marine Mammalogy
- evaluates and promotes the educational, scientific and managerial advancement of marine mammal science. Any person is qualified for full membership who is a professional in natural science or the management, husbandry, conservation or training of marine mammals.
Society for Underwater Technology
- Multi-disciplinary learned society which brings together individuals and organisations from more than 30 countries who have a common interest in underwater technology, ocean science and offshore engineering.
Western Indian Ocean Marine Science Association (WIOMSA)
- A non-governmental and non-profit regional organization for promoting the educational, scientific and technological development of all aspects of marine sciences throughout the Western Indian Ocean (WIO) region.
Whale and Dolphin Conservation
- International charity for the protection of whales, dolphins and porpoises (cetaceans). Based in Bath, UK.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 31, 2015 at 15:24:09 UTC -