become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oceanography/Oceanographers
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography: Oceanographers
- Graduate of Cochin University of Science and Technology. research interests and published papers on oceanography.
- Biological Oceanographer and PhD candidate at USA Marine Biological Institute, Japan. Includes research interests and popular science articles.
- Interests include geodynamics of orogens.
Blanco, Jose L,
- Research into environmental changes in the area associated with the El Nino Southern Oscillation (ENSO) with particular interest in the latest cold/warm event. Comprehensive publications list.
Christos, Angelopoulos G.
- Ph.D. student in oceanography studying in the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens. Main interests are coastal sediment transport, hydrodynamics and geophysics.
- Realtime ocean charts for sailboat racing, boat deliveries, ocean cruising, and offshore fishing. Using infrared imagery, satellite altimetry data, and surface isotherm data, oceanographic analyses are produced and available for the Gulf Stream area and all the major currents of the world.
- Biography by Rachel Sahlman.
- Interested in phytoplankton processes, optical measurements, ultraviolet radiation.
- Benthic ecology, shellfish biology, aquaculture.
- Researcher and lecturer at the Coastal Research Group of the University of Utrecht. Focuses on sediment transport and morphological changes of a sandy coast and currently involved in the EU-Sandpit project.
- Interests within the fields of climate change and ocean/atmosphere circulation.
- Access research interests, publications, technical reports, data, and toolboxes for physical oceanography, meteorology and climate studies.
- Researcher in acoustical oceanography, sediment dynamics and nearshore and coastal processes.
- Interests in sediment transport, includes a publication list.
- Presents their research into freshwater transport from the Arctic into the Atlantic along the East Greenland current. Includes Matlab routines useful to oceanographers.
- Dynamics of transport and mixing process research.
- Physical oceanographer interested in small scale physics and its impact on circulation and the transport of tracers in the ocean.
- Marine bioluminescence researcher, Latz Research Laboratory of Scripps Institution of Oceanography.
- Phytoplankton ecology, bio-optical oceanography, upper ocean physics
- Interests are within the field of marine geophysics. Publication list.
- Benthic ecology, larval dispersal, physical/biological interactions
- Observational physical oceanographer presents his research interests into small scale ocean physics, internal wave generation, hydraulic flows over topography and the turbulent fluxes of heat and salt.
- Work focuses on the movement of fluids within the ocean and its relationship to the interaction with the atmosphere above.
Ocean Expert (GLODIR)
- Database, developed and maintained by the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission of UNESCO (IOC), containing information on individuals involved in all aspects of Marine or Freshwater Research and Management.
- Director of the Maritime Security Laboratory at Stevens Institute of Technology; uses high-resolution coupled ocean-atmosphere modeling with a particular emphasis on predicting chemical, biological, and radiological (CBR) dispersion in coastal cities.
Rahmstorf, Prof. Dr. Stefan
- Professor of Physics of the Oceans at Potsdam University. Publications, lectures, CV and photograph album; contact information.
- Coastal oceanographic research and modeling with links to Bivalve Population Connectivity project site.
- Interests cover the areas of oceanic mixing processes, internal waves and geophysical flows.
- Ocean modeling and prediction and shelf circulation studies.
- Provides details of a study of the development of a high-order numerical model to solve incompressible water wave motion based on improved nonlinear dispersive Boussinesq equations.
- Involved in active research both in the field and laboratory, focusing on physical, ecological biochemical and genetic influences on early life history and recruitment in fish and on fish population structure and distribution.
- Ocean and shelf circulation and sea level variation researcher.
- Studying the applications of Weibull distribution model on design wave parameter predictions.
- PhD student at the Coastal and Continental Morphodynamics Laboratory, University of Caen, France. Includes CV, publications and research interests in morphodynamics and the internal structure of modern cheniers ridges in a macrotidal setting.
Women Exploring the Oceans
- Features articles on women oceanographers written to inspire school children.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 7, 2013 at 0:42:11 UTC -