become an editor
the entire directory
only in Oceanography/Data_Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Data Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Oceanography: Data and Information Resources
Australian Ocean Data Centre (AODC)
- A whole-of-government approach to ocean data management to develop a national multi-agency data management system for the ocean data resources of the partner agencies. Read about the forthcoming ocean portal and BlueNet - the Australian marine science data network.
British Oceanographic Data Centre (BODC)
- UK national facility for preserving and distributing oceanographic and marine data. Staff have direct experience of marine data collection and analysis to ensure that the biological, chemical, physical and geophysical data handled are documented and stored for current and future use. View information on current and past projects, search data and cruise inventories, download and request oceanographic data and order data products.
CLIVAR & Carbon Hydrographic Data Office
- CCHDO manages CTD, carbon and tracer data for the US Repeat Hydrography Program. Data can be searched geographically using an interactive map tool.
Das Deutsche Ozeanographische Datenzentrum (DOD)
- The German Oceanographic Data Centre serves as a focal point for the national and international exchange of oceanographic data. Provides access to the Marine Environmental Database (MUDAB), cruise schedules and data inventories. Marine data may be requested online.
Hellenic National Oceanographic Data Centre (HNODC)
- The Greek national agency for processing, archiving and distributing marine data. HNODC develops techniques for oceanographic data processing and data base maintenance. Review European marine projects, and request and submit marine data.
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Data and Information Exchange (IODE)
- Enhances marine research, exploitation and development by facilitating the exchange of oceanographic data and information between participating Member States and by meeting the needs of users for data and information products. View brochures and posters, reports and documents related to IODE activities.
Japan Oceanographic Data Center (JODC)
- Japanese National Oceanographic Data Center archiving and disseminating marine data obtained from various Japanese marine research institutes and organizations. View international project links and use J-DOSS, a system that aims to provide users with the data managed by the JODC via the internet.
Kenya National Oceanographic Data Centre (KeNODC)
- Promotes research and management of Kenya's coastal resources by providing various types of support to policy makers, resource managers, researchers, educational institutions, NGO's and private companies on matters of oceanographic data and information. Download data, view brochures and read the latest news.
Korea Oceanographic Data Center (KODC)
- Provides online access to oceanographic data series, coastal oceanographic data and sea surface temperature satellite images.
National Data Buoy Center (NDBC)
- Designs, develops, operates, and maintains a United States network of data collecting buoys and coastal stations. Search recent and historical data and observations.
National Ocean Service (NOS)
- One of five NOAA Line Offices, NOS works to observe, understand, and manage the United States coastal and marine resources. Provides information on environmental monitoring, coastal monitoring and assessment, water quality, biodiversity, nautical charting and cartography and US national marine sanctuaries.
National Oceanographic Data Center (NODC)
- The United States NODC archives and provides public access to global oceanographic and coastal data, products, and information. Popular items include beach temperatures, coastal buoy data, global sea temperature and salinity, a photo collection and the ocean data archive.
NOAA Tropical Atmosphere Ocean Project
- Real-time data from moored ocean buoys for improved detection, understanding, and prediction of El Niño and La Niña.
Physical Oceanography.Distributed Active Archive Centre (PO.DAAC)
- The NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory PO.DAAC is responsible for archiving and distributing data relevant to the physical state of the ocean. Browse sea surface temperature, sea surface topography, and ocean vector winds data acquired by NASA instruments.
South African Data Centre for Oceanography (SADCO)
- Stores, retrieves and manipulates multi-disciplinary marine information from the areas around southern Africa. Hosted by the South African CSIR Stellenbosch and funded by a number of marine organisations in South Africa and Namibia.
Systèmes d'Informations Scientifiques pour la Mer (SISMER)
- The designated National Oceanographic Data Centre for France (French NODC). Find information on data collections, project news and contacts. Activities include the compilation, safeguarding and dissemination of conventional data collected during national and international projects.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 9, 2014 at 7:05:10 UTC -