become an editor
the entire directory
only in Volcanoes/Research
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Volcanoes: Research
Science: Earth Sciences: Data Centers
- Compositions of volcanic and other igneous rocks in a world wide data base.
Killer Lake Nyos in Africa
- Carbon dioxide gas outbursts from lakes Nyos and Monoun in Cameroon, West Africa, killed hundreds of people. A controlled degassing operation is scheduled to begin in January, 2001, for reducing the risk of future carbon dioxide suffocation.
Lake Nyos, Cameroon, West Africa
- Eruption of carbon dioxide from Lake Nyos killed hundreds. A controlled degassing experiment is planned to reduce this hazard.
Merapi Volcano, Java
- Bibliography, monitoring techniques and photos about one of the most dangerous volcano in the world.
Smithsonian Institution - Global Volcanism Program
- The Global Volcanism Program (GVP) seeks better understanding of all volcanoes through documenting their eruptions during the past 10,000 years.
The Electronic Volcano
- A pioneer site started by Professor Dick Stoiber at Dartmouth College providing information on active volcanoes. Not well updated since 1997, but older information is excellent.
Volcano Expedition From the Fields of Costa Rica
- Detailed reports of research findings, video of scientists in action, and photographs of a Scripps-sponsored volcano field trip.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, October 21, 2011 12:05:44 PM EDT -