become an editor
the entire directory
only in Volcanoes/Research
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Earth Sciences: Data Centers
The Electronic Volcano
- A pioneer site started by Professor Dick Stoiber at Dartmouth College providing information on active volcanoes. Not well updated since 1997, but older information is excellent.
- Compositions of volcanic and other igneous rocks in a world wide data base.
Killer Lake Nyos in Africa
- Carbon dioxide gas outbursts from lakes Nyos and Monoun in Cameroon, West Africa, killed hundreds of people. A controlled degassing operation is scheduled to begin in January, 2001, for reducing the risk of future carbon dioxide suffocation.
Lake Nyos, Cameroon, West Africa
- Eruption of carbon dioxide from Lake Nyos killed hundreds. A controlled degassing experiment is planned to reduce this hazard.
Merapi Volcano, Java
- Bibliography, monitoring techniques and photos about one of the most dangerous volcano in the world.
Smithsonian Institution - Global Volcanism Program
- The Global Volcanism Program (GVP) seeks better understanding of all volcanoes through documenting their eruptions during the past 10,000 years.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 30, 2013 at 13:06:03 UTC -