become an editor
the entire directory
only in Volcanoes/Observatories
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Volcanoes: Research
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Warnings and Forecasts
Alaska Volcano Observatory
- Organization using federal, state, and university resources to monitor and study Alaska's hazardous volcanoes, to predict and record eruptive activity, and to implement public safety measures.
Cascades Volcano Observatory
- Information about and photos of the Cascades volcanoes, Mount Saint Helens updates, and volcano monitoring and hazards information.
Galapagos Islands,The Charles Darwin Foundation
- Mainly biological research but during local eruptions it becomes the volcano observatory.
GOES Project Volcano Watch
- Gallery of volcanic events as captured by weather satellites.
Hawaiian Volcano Observatory
- U.S. Geological Survey's comprehensive site about Hawiian Volcanoes.
Monitoring Volcanic Unrest at Long Valley Caldera, California
- Real-time data on earthquakes, ground deformation, and volcanic gas.
Mt. Erebus Volcano Observatory
- Provides information on studies of Antarctica's Mt. Erebus, the world's southernmost active volcano.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 12, 2014 at 13:01:29 UTC -