become an editor
the entire directory
only in Volcanoes/Images
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Archive of Volcano Photos
- Organized by location.
Arenal Volcano, Costa Rica
- Eruption photos and updates, videos, maps, tours, and hotels.
Ash Plume from Cleveland Volcano
- May 23, 2006, International Space Station (ISS) Expedition 13 Flight image of ash plume. Offers volcano details, and plate tetonic information.
Close-Up Look at an Active Volcano
- Provides information and photographs of Mt. Pagan volcano and the 1994 eruption, as well as some general information about the island.
Etna Stromboli 1992 - 2000
- Videoclips, images and reports from eruption-events of Etna.
Etna Photographs - Pictures of the 2001 eruption
- Photos of the eruption in April 2001, Sudestino and South Craters.
Hawaii Volcano Photos
- Brad Lewis' prize-winning photos of erupting volcanoes in Hawaii
Image Gallery of Volcanic Eruptions
- Adrian Warren photo library of Wildlife, Nature, Landscapes, Peoples and Environments.
Images from the Volcano Hazards Program
- Published by the US Geological Survey including a photoglossary, webcams, and various factsheets and assessments.
- See infrared and visible light comparisons of geysers, hot springs, mudpots and several other geothermal features.
- Image showing a plume of volcanic ash and/or steam on May 23, 2006. Offers volcano details.
National Geographic: Kilauea Volcano Pictures: Hawaii Eruption Spurts Lava
- Photographs of a vent that ripped open March 5, 2011, shooting lava up to 80 feet high.
Piton de la Fournaise
- Eruption photos of this active volcano on Reunion Island in the Indian Ocean.
SSEC - Volcano Watch
- Satellite images concentrated on active volcanoes. Includes java animations and location coordinates.
USGS Photo Glossary of Volcanic Terms
- Illustrates and describes commonly used volcano-related terms.
Volcan Etna Sicile Mai 2008
- Photographs taken over 10 days on the volcano Etna in Sicilia before and during the eruption which started in mid-May, 2008.
- Close-up photographs of what lava looks like after it has cooled. Taken at volcanoes in Hawaii and Indonesia.
Volcanoes and Volcanism
- Includes explanations of volcanology terms, along with eruption updates and pictures.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 18, 2016 at 4:22:49 UTC -