become an editor
the entire directory
only in Volcanoes/Education
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Ambae Volcano (Aoba)
- Ambae (Aoba) volcano information, news, and travel.
- Ambrym volcano information, news, and travel.
Ask a volcanologist
- Direct your question to someone at the University of Hawaii, land of volcanoes.
Ask an Earth-Scientist
- Answers to frequently asked questions about volcanoes as well as answers by experts to new questions.
Center for Study of Active Volcanoes
- University of Hawaii at Hilo offers courses in volcanology and monitoring active volcanoes.
How Volcanoes Work
- Comprehensive educational resource on the science of volcanic processes. Topics include eruption dynamics, volcanic landforms, and types and products of eruptions. Includes several animations.
- Excellent summaries of eruptions including Puu Oo, the latest.
Learning about Volcanoes
- Educational resources and extensive links
- Part of Dr. Love's (UK) series on "Science Explained".
- Provides information and images of Mount Kilauea, safety precautions for visitors, a map and quiz.
NeMO, Undersea Volcano
- Monitoring active volcanoes on the sea floor 250 miles off the coast of Oregon.
NOVA: Volcano's Deadly Warning
- Companion site to the NOVA TV program. An interview with seismologist Bernard Chouet, who has come up with a new method for predicting volcanic eruptions.
Teachers Guide to Stratovolcanoes
- Descriptions of 8 major stratovolcanoes around the Pacific rim.
- An online volcanology textbook by Robert I. Tilling of the United States Geological Survey.
Volcanoes: Can We Predict Eruptions?
- Interactive exhibit, part of the Exhibits Collection of Annenberg Media. Activities invite visitors to melt rocks, locate famous volcanoes and play the role of a volcanologist. Includes video clips and related websites.
- Yasur volcano information, news, and travel.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 2, 2015 at 6:54:02 UTC -