become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards/Volcanoes
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Volcanoes
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Volcanoes
Regional: Asia: Philippines: Science and Environment: Geology: Mount Pinatubo
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Planets: Jupiter: Moons: Io
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Rocks and Minerals: Igneous Petrology
Science: Earth Sciences: Geophysics
This category in other languages:
- Brings modern and near real-time volcano information.
Activity Report (Weekly)
- Data on new activity and unrest, and ongoing activity at volcanoes throughout the world.
Colima's Active Volcano
- Photographs and information on this active volcano in Mexico.
Decade Volcano -- Santorini Greece
- Information, photos, links and travel to Santorini, Stromboli, and other active volcanoes.
Eruptions of Mount St. Helens
- Online version of a United States Geological Survey brochure on the history and geology of eruptions at Mount St. Helens.
- Guide to the world's best known and most accessible volcanoes. Each volcanic areas geology is accompanied by an eruptive history, walks and excursions. Includes an educational volcanic geology section.
Five College Volcanology
- Lecture notes for a course on volcanoes at the University of Massachusetts.
Global Volcanism Program
- Smithsonian Institution's complete background and eruption information on 1500 volcanoes during the past 10,000 years.
Hawaiian and Other Volcanoes
- Eclectic site focused on Hawaiian volcanoes with links and cams to other volcanoes worldwide.
Katla Volcano News
- Provides news of this volcano in Iceland, views, warnings and resources.
Links to Volcano Information
- Excellent data on Latin American volcanoes, professors of volcanology, volcano observatories, and Canadian volcanoes.
The Lost World: Records in the Rocks
- Description of the complex geology of the Tweed Volcano in Australia, probably the largest, most easily accessible, erosion caldera in the world.
Michigan Technological University Volcanoes
- Provides information about volcanic hazard mitigation.
Mount St. Helens
- Fact sheet of Mount St. Helens volcanic activity 1980 to 2000.
Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument
- General visitor information, photo gallery, monument attractions, volcano-cam, seismographic data and resource center links.
- Relive the story of the Paricutin volcano, from its birth to its eruption between 1943 and 1952.
- The volcanoes of southern Italy
- Guide to volcanoes of Kamchatka with images.
Smithsonian Institution - Global Volcanism Program
- Focuses on Holocene eruption information. Features volcanic activity reports and alerts along with comprehensive data regarding individual volcanoes.
- Data on Stromboli Volcano in Italian.
U.S. Geological Survey, Volcano Hazards Program
- Monitors volcanoes and collects scientific information on volcanoes in the United States and elsewhere to reduce the risk from volcanic activity.
- Hawaii satellite images, Virtual field trips and flights past the volcanoes.
- Provides information about volcanoes, eruption, and volcano treks, and links to other volcano educational sites. Includes links to volcano-cams.
Volcanoes and Volcanism
- Comprehensive site with news about latest activity in English, German, and Norwegian.
Volcanoes of the United States
- Detailed information about US volcanoes by Steven R. Brantley of the U.S. Geological Survey.
- Offers information on volcanoes, volcanic eruptions, volcanism and volcanology. Includes videos and photographs of eruptions.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2013 at 13:34:55 UTC -