become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards/Tsunamis
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Indian Ocean Earthquake and Tsunamis 2004
Sendai, Japan Earthquake and Tsunami 2011
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Tsunamis
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Earthquakes
This category in other languages:
- Blog discussing tsunamis and related issues.
British Columbia Tsunami Preparedness
- Information brochures, reports and firsthand accounts of past tsunamis, and other information on preparedness and hazard mitigation.
Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission Tsunami Programme
- Supports IOC Member States in assessing tsunami risk, implementing early warning systems and in educating coastal communities about preparedness measures.
Jeff And Matt's 1960 Chilean Tsunami Site
- Information about the 1960 Chilean tsunami. Includes map of Chile, death toll and damage in dollars.
Pacific Tsunami Museum
- Museum to promote public education about tsunamis for the people of Hawaii and the Pacific Region. The museum will also preserve social and cultural history and serve as a living memorial to those who lost their lives in past tsunami events
- Survey, research, extensive links, general information.
Tsunami Data at NGDC
- Features a unique set of tsunami-related database, maps, sets, and publications.
Tsunami from Asteroid Impacts
- Research from the Planetary Society Australian Volunteers.
Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Program
- Program designed to reduce the impact of tsunami and supported by United States Department of Commerce, NOAA, OAR and PMEL.
Tsunami Research Program
- U.S. government program to mitigate tsunami hazards to Hawaii, California, Oregon, Washington and Alaska. Includes tsunami event data, modeling and forecasting, effects mapping, FAQ, and real-time ocean data.
Tsunamis and Earthquakes
- General information from the United States Geological Survey on how local tsunamis are generated by earthquakes with animations, virtual reality models of tsunamis and summaries of past research studies.
USC Tsunami Hazard Mitigation Team
- Tsunami research; field surveys, numerical and analytical modeling, hazard mitigation and planning, locations of past tsunamis around the world, and video/animation of actual tsunamis. From University of Southern California.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 8, 2014 at 7:35:10 UTC -