become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards/Preparedness
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Preparedness
Business: Construction and Maintenance: Materials and Supplies: Special Construction
Health: Public Health and Safety: Emergency Services
Home: Emergency Preparation
IBHS Institute for Business and Home Safety
- Insurance industry initiative to reduce deaths, injuries, property damage, economic losses and human suffering caused by natural disasters. Emphasis on land use controls to avoid hazards.
Project SafeSide - The Weather Channel
- Information on preparing for severe weather.
- Crisis and disaster management experts offer services in preparing for and mitigating natural, criminal and technological disasters.
Solar Storm Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Article by James A. Marusek on being prepared for a massive solar storms. These are very rare but a solar storm could become so massive that it could trigger a major disaster within our high technology world. [PDF]
Storm Ready (NOAA)
- Offers safety tips for tornadoes, flash floods, hurricanes, lightning.
Supernova Disaster Preparedness Plan
- Describes the warning signs for a nearby supernova event and a preparedness plan for this type of disaster. [PDF]
U.S. Storm Shelters, LLC
- Offers NSSA and FEMA compliant storm shelters and safe rooms.
United Nations. International Strategy for Disaster Reduction
- Organization overseeing the development of disaster reduction policy.
When All Plans Fail
- Offers a book of this title by Paul R Williams, to help readers prepare for disasters, both natural and man-made.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 10, 2013 at 6:24:03 UTC -