become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards/Landslides
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Landslides
This category in other languages:
Debris Flows, Mudflows, Jökulhlaups and Lahars
- Information provided by the USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory on these phenomena with descriptions of events at Mount Hood, Mount Rainier, Mount St Helens and the Nevado del Ruiz Volcano, Colombia.
Geologic Hazards--Landslides (USGS)
- Extensive information on landslides and their impacts, U.S. Landslide Monitoring Program, publications, current news and events, and current research.
Geomorphology Research Group at CNR IRPI
- Team of geologists, engineers and physicists interested in landslides, landslide hazards and the definition of the associated risk.
- Consulting services in engineering geology, hydrogeology, and applied geomechanics. Research abstracts on landslides and related geologic hazards. Port Orchard, Washington.
International Landslide Research Group
- The ILG is an informal group of landslide practitioners who share landslide information. Provides information about landslides worldwide, a newsletter, and meetings of landslide practitioners.
Kelso, WA landslide
- Site describing the second largest urban landslide in US history. Papers, photos, links, and a discussion group.
Landslide Distribution Map Web Page
- Japanese database of landslides, allowing the user to produce maps of landslide distributions to their own criteria. In Japanese and English.
Landslides and Avalanches
- Descriptive directory of some online resources, maintained by the University of Colorado.
Mount St. Helens, Washington: Mudflows and Lahar Images 1980-2004
- Cascade Volcano Observatory photograph archive.
National Landslides Information Center
- USGS Landslide Hazards Program, responsible for reporting and researching landslides and landslide hazards.
Potential San Francisco Bay Landslides During El Niño
- Maps and fly-by movies available.
Puget Sound Landslides
- Photographs and detailed descriptions of several areas prone to landslides.
- Article from Wikipedia on this fast-moving torrent of hot gas and rock which can travel down the slopes of a volcano at great speed.
SHALSTAB - A Digital Terrain Model for Mapping Shallow Landslide Potential
- Technical report on, and free download of, a very simple model for mapping shallow landslide potential.
SLEWS: Sensorbased Landslide Early Warning System
- Project aimed at the development of a prototype alarm- and early warning system to address different kinds of natural hazards, using landslides as an example.
- Photographs and information on debris avalanches, mudflows, ash deposits and pyroclastic flows. [PDF]
When Rivers of Rock Flow
- Article from the Earth Observatory about the rivers of rock and water that overwhelmed a village on the slopes of Mt. Pinatubo in the Philippines in 1994.
Mt. St. Helens Dam Holds Mud off Cities
- Article from Around the Nation warning of the possible dangers to cities downstream from the mountain. (January 18, 1983)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 26, 2010 5:37:58 AM EST -