become an editor
the entire directory
only in United_States/California
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Regional: North America: United States: California: Science and Environment
California Institute of Technology Seismological Laboratory
- Investigates, researches, and informs the public about earthquakes that occur in Southern California and worldwide.
The Daly City Earthquake of 1957
- Describes the Daly City (California) Earthquake of 1957, including eyewitness reports and a WAV sound recording.
The Hayward Fault at UC Berkeley
- Dr. Peggy Hellweg describes a field trip that illustrated some of the most dramatic expressions of the fault in the area of Berkeley. [PDF]
Museum of the City of San Francisco
- History museum site features several exhibits about historical San Francisco earthquakes. Includes a collection of newspaper clippings, police reports, eyewitness accounts and photos.
Redwood City (California) Public Seismic Network
- Earthquake data files, links to other Public Seismic Network sites around the world, links to other sources of on-line information on seismology, seismic equipment, and earthquakes.
Seismic Hazard Zonation Program
- Map index designed to assist cities and counties in protecting the public safety from the effects of earthquake-triggered ground failure. Issued by the California Department of Conservation.
Southern California Earthquake Center (SCEC) Data Center
- The data center maintains a searchable archive of earthquake data for research in seismology and earthquake engineering. Includes general information, clickable fault maps, stations and instrumentation, and educational resources.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 22, 2014 at 8:05:06 UTC -