become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earthquakes/Preparedness
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Home: Emergency Preparation
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Preparedness
All about Earthquakes
- Articles on history, seismology, geography and to-do lists for emergencies.
Cascadia Region Earthquake Workgroup
- Not-for-profit coalition of private and public representatives working together to improve the ability of Cascadia Region communities to reduce the effects of earthquake events.
Central United States Earthquake Consortium
- A partnership of the federal government and eight states in the central US. The organization coordinates the multi-state effort to facilitate emergency management and mitigate disasters through research and public awareness.
Earthquake Research Affiliates
- A partnership bringing business, academia and government together to address risk assessment and reduction, emergency response, planning and preparation for significant earthquakes.
Earthquake Safety Preparedness Information
- Suggestions and recommendations for identifying and fixing potential hazards in your home.
- A non-profit organization working toward global earthquake safety through risk assessment, preparedness and mitigation.
Missouri Seismic Safety Commission
- Reviews the State of Missouri's earthquake preparedness, response, mitigation and recovery issues
Seismc Hazard Harmonization in Europe (SHARE)
- Project web-site for the EU-FP7 cooperation. Includes project objectives related to earthquake sources and activity, ground motion modeling, seismic hazard assessment and computational infrastructure.
Seismic Retrofit Training Materials
- The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has funded the development of extensive materials to train contractors and building inspectors on how to perform common earthquake retrofits for single family homes. The materials include both a manual and a slide presentation.
Western States Seismic Policy Council - WSSPC
- Develops seismic policies and shares information to promote programs intended to reduce earthquake-related losses.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 25, 2014 at 17:18:07 UTC -