become an editor
the entire directory
only in Past_Earthquakes/Haiti_2010
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Earthquakes: Past Earthquakes: Haiti 2010
Lost or Missing
News and Media
Regional: Caribbean: Haiti: Science and Environment
This category in other languages:
CDC Responds to the Haiti Earthquake
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention outlines its role in helping to address public health issues such as food and water safety and the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases, and its later role in supporting the strengthening of Haiti’s public health infrastructure.
CDC: Guidance for Relief Workers and Others Traveling to Haiti for Earthquake Response
- Provides guidance on vaccinations, insect-borne diseases and other infectious diseases prevalent in Haiti, key items to bring and what to expect when there.
Clinton Bush Haiti Fund
- Charitable organization set up by President William J. Clinton and President George W. Bush to provide immediate relief and long-term support to earthquake survivors.
CNN: Haiti, How You Can Help
- Provides information on what the different relief organizations are doing and how individuals can help.
CrisisWiki: Haiti Earthquake of January 2010
- Portal with news sources, aid agencies, and government agencies responding to the quake.
Disasters Emergency Committee: Latest Appeal
- DEC has launched its Haiti earthquake appeal. Includes a video by Sir Trevor McDonald.
Guardian.co.uk: Haiti Earthquake Aid Pledges
- Provides information on how much money different countries, organizations and individuals have pledged to the aid effort.
Haiti Earthquake: How to Help
- Provides a list with contact details of charitable organizations active in Haiti that can accept donations for aid.
The ICRC in Haiti
- The International Committee of the Red Cross outlines its response to the disaster. Provides key documents and links to news and multimedia background material.
LA Times: Haiti: Resources and How to Help
- Provides information to enable members of the public to play their part in the relief effort.
PhilanTopic: Haiti: Earthquake Relief and Information
- Provides resources and information for individuals and organizations that would like to contribute to the relief effort.
U.S. Department of State - 2010 Earthquake in Haiti
- Provides briefings and remarks, collected releases, fact sheets, interviews and White House releases. Includes help on locating U.S. citizens.
USGS: Earthquake Hazards Program
- Provides maps, a summary and detailed information on the magnitude 7.0 earthquake that struck Haiti on January 12, 2010.
WHO: Haiti Earthquake
- Provides resources including press releases, assessments, appeals, videos, podcasts and personal stories.
Wikipedia: 2010 Haiti Earthquake
- Article about the earthquake, its aftermath, and relief efforts.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, July 31, 2013 12:03:35 PM EDT -