become an editor
the entire directory
only in Earthquakes/Education
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Tectonics
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Education and Research
Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Earthquake Engineering
Alan L. Jones - Research Scientist
- Educational site which offers downloads of the Windows software Seismic/Eruption and Seismic Waves, used for visualization of seismicity, volcanic activity, and wave propagation.
- Learning resource aimed at giving quick facts about earthquakes and the various major disasters to hit our planet in the last 100 years.
Earthquake Learning Activities and Lesson Plans
- Information and links, including instructions for building a table-top seismology demonstration and a model illustrating sea-floor spreading and subduction from a shoe box as well as other exercises for students.
Faultline: Seismic Science at the Epicenter
- Seismic science teaching resources from the Exploratorium.
Geophysics Teaching Demonstrations
- Classroom demonstrations of geophysical principles applicable to the properties and processes of the Earth's interior. Includes seismic waves, earthquake location, density of the earth and the magnetic field.
Guide to Selected Websites for Earthquake Education
- The guide is organized according to education level as well as general subject interest.
- Resources, technology, ideas and suggested solutions on how build a seismic station to record earthquakes and build seismic sensors generally.
- A hands-on exercise about plate tectonics and earthquakes from PBS. Requires Shockwave plug-in
- Educational course published by the Matter Initiative for Schools at the University of Liverpool. Includes Java applet animations for visualizing how P waves and S waves are recorded on seismometers, how waves travel through solids and liquids, measuring the Earth's core, and calculating an earthquake's epicenter.
- Educational website from Michigan Technological University presenting the science of seismology and earthquakes. Developed as part of a high school class program studying seismometer recordings.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 12, 2016 at 6:24:05 UTC -