become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards/Earthquakes
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Christchurch NZ 2011
Sendai Japan 2011
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Geology: Earthquakes
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Tectonics
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Tsunamis
Science: Technology: Structural Engineering: Earthquake Engineering
This category in other languages:
Automatic Monitoring of Regional Seismic Events
- Technical paper describing an approach to automatic, real-time monitoring of regional seismic events, based on the theory of pulse propagation in a randomly stratified medium with waveguides.
Center for Earthquake Research and Information
- University of Memphis (Tennessee). Includes technical information and recent earthquakes data, public awareness and resources for teachers and kids, and ongoing research projects and publications.
DL Research - Earthquake Project
- Brings together and analyzes earthquake data and trends, both historical and present-day. Displays statistical graphs by number of earthquakes, magnitude, and geographic position.
Earthquake Information from the USGS
- Gateway to US Geological Survey web resources on earthquakes, including information on recent quakes, earthquake preparedness, building seismically resistant structures, and current research topics.
- Provides maps and details of the latest earthquakes worldwide. Also provides video reports and news headlines about the more significant earthquakes.
- Explains the links between solar activity, the ionosphere, planetary motion and earthquakes
How to Build an Inexpensive Seismometer
- Detailed instructions, including diagrams, description of components, setup and synchronization.
Multidisciplinary Center for Earthquake Engineering
- At State University of New York, Buffalo. Provides access to extensive information on earthquakes, earthquake loss prevention, and engineering and economic aspects of recent earthquakes.
NASA Earth Observatory
- Satellite imagery of volcanoes and earthquakes.
Queensland University Advanced Centre for Earthquake Studies (QUAKES)
- Research institute located in Brisbane, Australia. Includes information on earthquake simulation and forecasting.
- About this phenomenon that is responsible for much structural damage in earthquakes. Includes physical explanation, photos of past events, identifying liquefaction susceptible soils, and building resistant structures.
Swiss Seismological Service
- Latest earthquake information, interactive map, catalogue of Swiss earthquakes, and a feedback forum.
US Geological Survey - Earthquake Search
- This form allows you to select the necessary parameters to perform a global, circular or rectangular area search for earthquakes.
Indiana Geological Survey - Earthquakes in Indiana
- Peruse the causes of Indiana earthquakes. Describes the aftermath of the strongest earthquakes occurred and the preparation to reduce its effects. (April 26, 2002)
Usenet sci.geo.earthquakes -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 28, 2016 at 14:32:42 UTC -