become an editor
the entire directory
only in Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards/Avalanches
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards: Avalanches
Sports: Winter Sports: Skiing: Backcountry: Avalanche
This category in other languages:
American Avalanche Association
- Group of professionals engaged in the study, forecasting, control and mitigation of snow avalanches. Includes information on research, publications and education.
Canadian Avalanche Association
- Contributes to the goal of reducing avalanche incidents world wide.
Colorado Avalanche Accident Statistics
- Provides information about education, observing, forecasts, and has statistics of accidents.
Northwest Weather and Avalanche Center
- Provides mountain weather and avalanche information for the Northwest US, including the Washington Cascades, Olympic Mountains and the northern Oregon Cascades.
RECCO Avalanche Rescue System
- System used by rescue organizations worldwide to assist in the efficient location of people buried under avalanches.
University of Calgary Avalanche Research
- Research on all aspects avalanche formation.
Westwide Avalanche Network
- Current avalanche information around the world.
The WSL Institute for Snow and Avalanche Research SLF
- Swiss organization engaged in research, scientific services and teaching focused on snow, the atmosphere, natural hazards, permafrost and mountain ecosystems.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 18:00:01 UTC -