the entire directory
only in Earth_Sciences/Natural_Disasters_and_Hazards
Natural Disasters and Hazards
Large Near Earth Object Impacts
Disaster Relief and Recovery
Education and Research
News and Media
Warnings and Forecasts
Business: Business Services: Fire and Security: Emergency Management
Kids and Teens: School Time: Science: The Earth: Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Earth Sciences: Geophysics
Science: Environment: Energy: Petroleum in the Environment: Oil Spills
Society: Future: Catastrophes
Society: History: By Topic: Disasters
This category in other languages:
American Experience: Fatal Flood
- Companion site to the PBS documentary about the 1927 flooding of the Mississippi River. Includes timeline, maps, profiles of people and events, teacher's guide, and info about the film.
- Volunteer driven resource that lists sites and information, such as charities, news, and relief efforts, relating to natural disasters.
Degassing Lakes Manoun and Nyos
- History of the 1986 disaster at Lake Nyos and details of a plan to mitigate the effect of future disasters through degassing. Includes a webcam at Lake Nyos.
Disaster Research Center
- Online publications, data, bibliographies, and other information relevant to the sociology of disasters.
- US Geological Survey resources on hazards related to earthquakes, landslides, and geomagnetism.
Global Risk Identification Program
- GRIP targets areas of the world where disaster is a major factor in reducing sustainable development. Its objectives are to improve the evidence base for disaster risks and improve risk management strategies.
Natural Disaster Management in India
- Government Department of Agriculture and Cooperation information resource, including reports on recent and current disasters and information on management initiatives.
Natural Disasters Association
- Provides information on different types of disasters, courses, education and a forum.
The Natural Hazards Center
- Natural Hazards Center at the University of Colorado, Boulder. Information on human adaptation to disaster.
The Natural Hazards Mitigation Group at University of Geneva
- Research and training programs on volcanic and seismic hazards and their mitigation, as well as disaster response.
A Procedure to Evaluate the Effectiveness of Two Watch Warning Systems
- Notes from this workshop on the effectiveness of heat related health watch systems.
- Web companion to the PBS show, produced by New York's WNET, on natural disasters like earthquakes, tsunamis, and volcanoes. Includes detailed animations, QuickTime movies, survivors' stories, and links.
Societal Aspects of Weather
- Organization which measures the impact of weather on people.
Urban Survival Tools
- Natural disaster information, probability, statistics links and other information. Also provides survival kits and other survival products
USGS -- Hazards Theme
- Public-education gateway to U.S. Geologic Survey information on hazards.
Natural Disasters and Hazards
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 27, 2015 at 22:38:04 UTC -