become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geophysics/Research_Groups_and_Centers
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Research Groups and Centers
Science: Research Groups and Centers
Bulgarian Academy of Science: Geophysical Institute
- Carries out fundamental and applied research in the fields of the physics of the solid earth, and the physics of the earth's environment.
Durham University: Reactivation Research Group
- Studying the underlying controls of fault reactivation through field, laboratory-based and computer modelling studies of the geometric, kinematic and rheological evolution of fault zones in the continental crust.
Geophysical Disaster Computational Fluid Dynamics Centre
- At the University of British Columbia. Aims to save lives and minimize economic losses caused by disasters including avalanches, forest fires, windstorms, cyclones, floods, debris flows, air pollution and greenhouse gases.
Hawaii Institute of Geophysics and Planetology
- Research into oceanographic, atmospheric, geophysical, geological and planetary sciences.
National Academy of Science of Ukraine: Institute of Geophysics
- Research includes studies of tectonics, structure, geodynamics and evolution of the continental and oceanic lithosphere, geophysical studies of the environment, and the elaboration of technological automated systems for the processing and interpretation of geophysical information.
Slovak Academy of Sciences: Geophysical Institute
- Main areas of research are the mathematical modeling of seismic processes and deformations of the earth's body, and solving problems in geomagnetism, geoelectricity and gravimetry.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology: Institute of Geophysics
- Research is focused on applied and environmental geophysics, geophysical fluid dynamics, earth and planetary magnetism, seismology and geodynamics.
University of Bergen: Geophysical Institute
- Research is focused on the main areas of meteorology, oceanography and climate.
University of Hamburg: Institute of Geophysics
- Studying the dynamic processes operating in the earth's mantle, lithosphere, hydrosphere, cryosphere and atmosphere.
University of Leeds: Institute of Geophysics and Tectonics
- Undertaking research into the structure and evolution of the Earth and neighbouring planets, the detection and measurement of resources in the crustal layer and the understanding of geological hazard.
University of South Florida: Volcano Group
- Includes details of people, projects and student opportunities.
University of Tehran: Institute of Geophysics
- Main areas of research include explorations, seismology, gravimetry and magnetometry.
Research Groups and Centers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2014 at 10:35:09 UTC -