become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geophysics/Organizations
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Organizations
Science: Earth Sciences: Organizations
American Geophysical Union
- AGU is an international scientific society of over 35,000 members. Research includes the Earth, oceans, atmosphere, space, and planets. AGU is dedicated to advancing the understanding of the Earth and its environment in space, and making the results available to the public through scholarly publications, meetings (Spring and Fall), and the Internet.
Australian Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Organization of professional earth scientists specialising in the practical application of the principles of physics and mathematics to solve problems in a broad range of geological situations.
British Institutions Reflection Profiling Syndicate (BIRPS)
- Acquires, processes and interprets seismic data from the lithosphere. The data are collected using commercial contractors and are publicly released. Includes current projects and historical achievements.
Canadian Exploration Geophysical Society (KEGS)
- A non-profit organization dedicated to furthering the profession of geophysical practice related to mining, environmental and groundwater activities in Canada.
Canadian Geophysical Union
- Information about the annual meeting, membership and affiliated societies.
Canadian Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- Promotes the science of geophysics, especially as it applies to exploration, and promotes fellowship and co-operation among those persons interested in geophysical prospecting.
Consortium for Research in Elastic Wave Exploration Seismology
- An applied geophysical research group concentrating on the acquisition, analysis and interpretation of multicomponent seismic data.
- Funded by the National Science Foundation to apply modern observational, analytical and telecommunications technologies to investigate the structure and evolution of the North American continent and the physical processes controlling earthquakes and volcanic eruptions.
The Electromagnetics Academy (TEA)
- Includes a membership directory, research symposium, online publications and schedule of short courses.
Environmental and Engineering Geophysical Society
- Member resources and journals, as well as information about geophysical methods used for engineering and environmental assessment.
European Seismological Commission
- The ESC is a commission of IASPEI, which is associated to IUGG and its aim is to promote seismological studies and projects in Europe, countries bordering the Mediterranean and immediate neighbours; an area from the Mid-Atlantic Ridge to the Urals and the Arctic ocean to northern Africa.
Exploration Geophysics Group
- Research using seismic and ground penetrating radar (GPR) interpretation at the University of Trieste, Italy. Includes a description of practical applications, current projects and software.
IASPEI - International Association of Seismology and Physics of the Earth's Interior
- Promotes the scientific study of problems related to earthquakes and other seismic sources, the propagation of seismic waves, and the Earth's internal structure, properties, and processes.
Incorporated Research Institutions for Seismology Consortium
- IRIS is a university research consortium dedicated to exploring the Earth's interior through the collection and distribution of seismographic data.
International Airborne Geophysical Safety Assosiation (IAGSA)
- Promotes the safe operation of helicopters and fixed-wing aircraft on airborne geophysical surveys. The association develops recommended practices, serves as a center for exchange of safety information and as a repository for specialized statistics.
International Seismological Centre
- Non-governmental organization charged with the final collection, analysis and publication of standard earthquake information from all over the world.
International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics (IUGG)
- Dedicated to advancing, promoting, and communicating knowledge of the Earth system, its space environment, and the dynamical processes causing change.
NCAR's Geophysical Statistics Project - GSP
- An institution-wide effort of the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) to encourage the application and further development of statistical analysis to the problems faced in the earth sciences.
Physics and Application of Seismic Emission - PHASE
- Research in the physics of fluid induced microseismicity, to establish physical fundamentals for microseismic monitoring and to further develop the seismicity based reservoir characterization approach.
Seafloor Electromagnetic Methods Consortium
- Develops electromagnetic methods, software and modelling tools for the purpose of offshore petroleum exploration.
Seismic waves in complex 3-D structures (SW3D)
- A consortium research project focusing primarily on the high-frequency seismic wave propagation in complex 3-D isotropic and anisotropic structures.
Seismological Society of America
- An international association devoted to the advancement of earthquake science. Includes news and meetings, publications, and links to government and education resources.
Society of Exploration Geophysicists
- SEG hosts 2 monthly publications and yearly trade shows, at the international, national, and regional level. The major organization for geophysicists involved in exploration and production of hydrocarbons.
Wave Inversion Technology Consortium
- Research for seismic exploration with a focus on macro-model independent seismic imaging, true-amplitude migration, and rock physics.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 22, 2016 at 1:35:03 UTC -