the entire directory
only in Earth_Sciences/Geophysics
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geophysics
Products and Services
Research Groups and Centers
Science: Astronomy: Solar System: Sun: Sun-Earth Interaction
Science: Earth Sciences: Geology: Petroleum
Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics: Remote Sensing
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Math: Applications: Mathematical Geosciences
This category in other languages:
Airborne Geophysical Survey Workshop
- A collection of papers covering the practical aspects of performing airborne magnetic, radiometric, and electromagnetic surveys.
Astronomical and Geophysical Data Analysis Services
- Collects observations, analyzes, distributes and publishes information and data related to astronomy, geodesy, geophysics and allied sciences.
EPA Dynamic Field Activities - Geophysical Methods
- Common geophysical methods used by the Environmental Protection Agency at hazardous waste sites include: ground penetrating radar, seismic refraction, electromagnetics, and magnetometry. Presents case studies and field-based analytical methods.
The Exploration of the Earth's Magnetosphere
- A detailed non-mathematical introduction to the research on the Earth's magnetic environment in space and its history. Contains master directory of many related text files.
Genetic Algorithms in Joint Inversion
- Research discussing some of the advantages and disadvantages of using genetic algorithms for joint inversion of different geophysical datasets, particularly magnetotellurics and seismic receiver functions.
- Online forum for geophysics issues related to environment, engineering, archaeology, hydrology, forensic and other near surface geophysical applications.
- Research institute in New Zealand specializing in earth systems, seismic data acquisition and processing, laboratory analysis, environmental and natural hazards risk analysis.
Gravity Magnetic Glossary
- An introduction to the technical terminology used in potential fields, gravity and magenetics studies.
The Great Magnet, the Earth
- Historical review of geomagnetism, from the discovery of the compass to plate tectonics and space observations. Also has instructions for teachers, glossary, and FAQ.
Introduction to Magnetotellurics
- A geophysical technique that uses naturally-occurring (or man-made) electromagnetic fields to probe the electrical conductivity structure of the Earth.
- Magnetotellurics (MT) is a geophysical method to study the distribution of electrical conductivity in the earth. Article includes examples of recordings and resistivity ranges of standard rock types.
Magnetotellurics MT: Technique, Interpretation, and Application
- A detailed article explaining the practical application of magnetotellurics. Includes case studies to present processing and interpretation techniques.
Michael Studinger's Homepage
- Geophysical and glaciological research on the Antarctic continent with aerogeophysical methods.
- An international electronic forum for the free exchange of knowledge, programs and data between scientists engaged in the study of the Earth using electromagnetic methods, principally magnetotellurics.
Multicomponent Seismic: A Pragmatist's Primer
- Article discussing the different types of multicomponent seismic data, including geophone orientation, recording methods and successful applications.
ORAD Laboratory for Satellite Altimetry
- Specializes in the analysis of satellite altimeter data related to problems in physical oceanography and marine geophysics.
Origin of the Terrestrial Magnetic Field
- Article by Andrija Radovic on how the Earth's geomagnetic field arises.
- A novel approach to the comprehensive elimination of multiples, which combines both waveform inversion (SDec) and statistical estimation (MSvE).
The Upper Mantle of the Earth
- Information about the highly viscous layer between the Earth's crust and the lower mantle, including its internal structure, its material composition and associated natural phenomena.
USGS Geomagnetism Homepage
- Provides background information on the earth's magnetism, geomagnetic field maps and data, and modelling information.
USGS Office of Ground Water, Branch of Geophysics
- Technical support, guidance, and applied research that fosters the appropriate use of surface and borehole geophysical methods for USGS interdisciplinary earth science investigations and the development of geophysical characterization and monitoring methods.
- Personal page of a senior researcher at the Seismological Division of the Geophysical Institute of Israel. Papers on seismic signals processing methods, development and application.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2013 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 8, 2012 at 9:15:02 UTC -