become an editor
the entire directory
only in Navigation/Land
Home: Consumer Information: Sports and Recreation: Accessories: Compasses
Recreation: Outdoors: Survival and Primitive Technology
GORP: How to Navigate the Backcountry
- An excerpt from Survival in the 90s by Bob Newman.
How To Use a Compass
- How to use a compass in several lessons plus how to navigate in poor visibility and how to navigate without a compass. Suggested exercises. Tips on buying a compass.
Map and Compass Fundamentals
- Covers the background and history of navigation plus techniques including navigating around obstacles and dead reckoning. Provided by the San Jose Search and Rescue.
- Maker of digital maps for vehicular navigation. About the company and their products.
- Maker of digital maps for GPS navigation. Provides information about the company and their products.
OA Guide to Map and Compass
- An excerpt from The Backpackers Field Manual by Rick Curtis, including reference tables, illustrations and real life examples.
Reading Topographic Maps
- Online manual on map reading and land navigation based on US Army training materials which includes instructions on maps, compasses and other navigational aids.
- Using a horizontal sundial as a sun compass by John C. Fakan, Ph.D.
Wilderness Survival: Field-Expedient Direction Finding
- Describes how to navigate using readily available materials in a survival situation. Includes diagrams.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 12, 2014 at 6:15:05 UTC -