become an editor
the entire directory
only in Navigation/Land
Open Directory - Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics: Navigation: Land
Home: Consumer Information: Sports and Recreation: Accessories: Compasses
Recreation: Outdoors: Survival and Primitive Technology
GORP: How to Navigate the Backcountry
- An excerpt from Survival in the 90s by Bob Newman.
- Training in land navigation for outdoor enthusiasts and professionals. Topics include computer mapping, GPS navigation, compass skills, map interpretation, coordinate systems and integration, preventing and managing lost person incident.
How To Use a Compass
- How to use a compass in several lessons plus how to navigate in poor visibility and how to navigate without a compass. Suggested exercises. Tips on buying a compass.
Map and Compass Fundamentals
- Covers the background and history of navigation plus techniques including navigating around obstacles and dead reckoning. Provided by the San Jose Search and Rescue.
- Maker of digital maps for vehicular navigation. About the company and their products.
- Maker of digital maps for GPS navigation. Provides information about the company and their products.
OA Guide to Map and Compass
- An excerpt from The Backpackers Field Manual by Rick Curtis, including reference tables, illustrations and real life examples.
Reading Topographic Maps
- Online manual on map reading and land navigation based on US Army training materials which includes instructions on maps, compasses and other navigational aids.
- Using a horizontal sundial as a sun compass by John C. Fakan, Ph.D.
Wilderness Survival: Field-Expedient Direction Finding
- Describes how to navigate using readily available materials in a survival situation. Includes diagrams.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 2, 2007 at 18:00:12 UTC -