become an editor
the entire directory
only in Geomatics/Global_Positioning_System
Global Positioning System
Marine and Aviation
Business: Telecommunications: Location and Tracking
Science: Earth Sciences: Geomatics: Navigation
Science: Technology: Space
This category in other languages:
- Cartographic Software is for making moving maps on which GPS data from a serial port are plotted. Data are tracked remotely via CDPD modems and internet sites.
- Suite of data services that brings together the new Earth science products to be produced by spaceborne Global Positioning System (GPS) receivers. It serves mainly as a database for GPS occultation observations.
GPS by Globespotter
- GPS education, news, hardware, software, and links. Digital mapping.
- A collection of drawings made with GPS data logging devices.
- Technical and consumer discussion on GPS technology.
- Mehaffey, Yeazel and DePriest's site provides dozens of reviews and technical articles on GPS receivers and software, and a huge list of links.
- GPS Ground Station on Kwajalein Island, photographs of the island and site. Links to others GPS sites.
GPS Precise Orbits
- Global Positioning System satellite ephemerides ("orbits") information for the general public, from US NOAA. GPS precise orbits are derived using 24 hour data segments from the global GPS network. An informational summary file is provided to document the computation and to convey relevant information about the observed satellites, such as maneuvers or maintenance. Orbits generally are available 2 to 6 days after the observation.
GPS Site from Univ of Texas
- Global positioning system overview and bibliography.
GPS Status Information from US Naval Observatory
- Via ftp.
- Free multiplatform software converts waypoints, tracks and routes from consumer GPS receivers and popular mapping programs, and allows the data to be manipulated. Handles many file formats.
Internet-based Global Differential GPS
- C-language software package for GPS-based real-time positioning and orbit determination. Includes system overview, technical papers, and a live demo .
Lowrance Electronics: GPS Tutorial
- A tutorial on GPS technology and how it works.
The National GPS Network
- Resource from the UK Government intended for GPS-equipped surveyors, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) developers who work with Ordnance Survey (OS) mapping. Includes the Passive Station Database, Active Station RINEX Data, and Coordinate Converter services.
- Software for Windows XP or later that works with digital maps bought or scanned. Imports vectorial and DEM data and also can interface Google Maps and Google Earth.
Outdoor Gear Reviews
- GPS receiver comparisons.
- Source for GPS information and training. Trimble ProXRS and GeoExplorer3 receivers, top 10 websites, GPS for educators and free help.
Satellite Navigation and Positioning Group (SNAP)
- SNAP is Australia's largest academic GPS research group specialising in high precision GPS technology and applications.
Standford University GPS Research Laboratory
- Technical and academic papers on GPS technology with a special emphasis on its use in aviation and marine applications.
Travel by GPS
- Downloadable free GPS maps for travel adventures, self-guided tours, and outdoor activities. Map data includes waypoints and routes for use with handheld GPS and car navigation systems.
USCG Navigation Center
- GPS, DGPS, LORAN-C, OMEGA, navigation systems, GPS navigation, DGPS navigation.
Usenet sci.geo.satellite-nav -
Global Positioning System
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 21, 2014 at 7:11:24 UTC -